Doubles And Standing Fulls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 22, 2014
I have not attempted these two skills yet, but I am going to start VERY soon. If anyone has any tips or advice for either of these skills that would be GREAT!!!:)

I've been working on standing fulls for a while and they aren't too bad you just need to of lots of arabian drills and remember to go UP before you pull.

Cp is very close to her double just can't make that last quarter and stand up. Ugh! Also close to standing full. Would live any tips for her.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

When cp was having trouble with her double, it was all in her BHS. Make sure she has strong, extended BHS going into the double.

This is CP16. His is inconsistent and it's always either the handspring or even how he comes out of the punch front. I can tell from the handspring whether hell hit it or not.

That's really interesting. I think her handsprings are good, but maybe they aren't. Hmmm

Your tumbling coaches know best, but if feet are apart, if they're absorbing through elbows and not pushing through shoulders, if they're blocking in front of them for the set instead of behind all of that little technique stuff in the handspring is the key to getting the right set for the spin. If any of that is off it just magnifies through the pass until the salto skill at the end...so if your first handspring is bad..... It won't happen because that issue will magnify through the rest of the skills.

I'm not a tumbling coach but we have had amazing ones and I listen because the science and physics of tumbling actually fascinates me.

I love listening to the tumbling coaches too. Cp has mostly been working on these on her own so probably time to have a great coach work with her on it.

Back