OT Dresses

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was wondering this for a long time but how do you do your hair so perfect? I need a tutorial.
I just use this wand!
It's my go to for hair curling and it only takes me about 10-15 minutes.
T|Studio Large Pearl Ceramic Professional Styling Wand | Remington Products

ETA: if you ever see pictures of me with my hair curled, it's ALWAYS with this wand. When I want it looser, I hold it for about 10 seconds and let it fall and do my entire head. then I will run my fingers through it and fluff it and then lightly hairspray it.

But in this pic I held it closer to 30 seconds and hairsprayed a lot more. I also tend to use some serums before I hairspray too just to make it shiny.

Hope that helped.

do sorority formals count?
2cxt8hz.jpg

hey, I have that dress! looks great on you, girl!

since we're talking about hair - do you make all of your curls go the same direction or alternate towards your face/away from your face each curl? andddd if you can get your curls to stay perfect in north carolina humidity, what kind of hairspray are you using? my hair curls well and holds curl but any sign of humidity and i look like a lion... but then most spray makes it look.. idk just unnatural and not pretty.

hey, I have that dress! looks great on you, girl!

since we're talking about hair - do you make all of your curls go the same direction or alternate towards your face/away from your face each curl? andddd if you can get your curls to stay perfect in north carolina humidity, what kind of hairspray are you using? my hair curls well and holds curl but any sign of humidity and i look like a lion... but then most spray makes it look.. idk just unnatural and not pretty.
I do away from my face on both sides - so just wrap out from whichever side you're working on.

My hair can go either way in the humidity. Usually I'll just use the garnier anti humidity whatever or the frizz ease. I do put biolage skinny serum in before the hairspray though, idk if that does anything. I think it just makes it look shiny and pretty lol. But don't let that fool you, if I'm in humidity for an extended period of time my hair will start to grow as well.

ETA: I also curl my hair in it's natural state as opposed to straightening first and then curling. (I have wavy frizzy hair naturally)

Here in Ct a schools jr? Prom is this weekend and last Friday they were told no cut outs or backless dresses! A friend of mine at the school figures about 75% of the dresses have been turned down by administrators. She herself has had 2 vetoed! Don't know what I would do. My CPs Sr. prom is the 5 th of June and she bought her dress before Worlds. And it has a see thru back. Crazy!

Here in Ct a schools jr? Prom is this weekend and last Friday they were told no cut outs or backless dresses! A friend of mine at the school figures about 75% of the dresses have been turned down by administrators. She herself has had 2 vetoed! Don't know what I would do. My CPs Sr. prom is the 5 th of June and she bought her dress before Worlds. And it has a see thru back. Crazy!
If they are going to make rules like this, they needed to do it months ago--when dresses were being considered and purchased. I would have been furious if I had paid all that money and was told that she couldn't wear it.

If they are going to make rules like this, they needed to do it months ago--when dresses were being considered and purchased. I would have been furious if I had paid all that money and was told that she couldn't wear it.
My friend is! She doesn't know what she is going to do!

My high school made national headlines about a month or so ago about implementing a new dress code where cut outs, slits, and flesh colored fabric weren't allowed in. Prom was last week and almost every dress I saw had at least one thing that was supposedly banned.

A lot of times students are told in advance what can and cannot be worn, but most don't listen.
Telling a week before prom that certain design details wouldn't be allowed is something our principal would do.

He announced on a Thursday that all girls' shorts for field day the very next day had to be "basketball" style and down to the knee. I picked up my cps. We don't have any shorts like that.

Telling a week before prom that certain design details wouldn't be allowed is something our principal would do.

He announced on a Thursday that all girls' shorts for field day the very next day had to be "basketball" style and down to the knee. I picked up my cps. We don't have any shorts like that.

........ LMAO WHAT.

I get the whole "we don't want girls to be wearing anything too promiscuous" but that seems excessive.

I have conflicting viewpoints about what girls should and shouldn't be able to wear to school and the reasons why but really. "Basketball length." Wow.

That stinks that she already has the dress and now it doesn't meet criteria. Maybe a shawl or a fancy lace bolero jacket?? Just a suggestion.
Don't know what she is going to do.... The dress is beautiful. She is one of many that r stuck on what to do

Don't know what she is going to do.... The dress is beautiful. She is one of many that r stuck on what to do

That stinks. You'd think the school would have the common sense to warn their students of dress codes early on in the year for these events.

Is there any chance the school could "grandfather" those students in who can prove they bought the dress before the school sent out the warning? Like with a receipt or a credit card statement? Maybe if some of the parents and students got together and created an uproar the school would budge?

That stinks. You'd think the school would have the common sense to warn their students of dress codes early on in the year for these events.

Is there any chance the school could "grandfather" those students in who can prove they bought the dress before the school sent out the warning? Like with a receipt or a credit card statement? Maybe if some of the parents and students got together and created an uproar the school would budge?
There is a news conference going on as we speak to decide.

Whaaaat so crazy. We never had any dress code for prom. That would be so hard :( I used to get my dresses in like December. Such an awful situation to be in. Not to mention how hard it would be to find a dress that was appropriate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back