All-Star Dumb 1 Leg Double Down Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015

Skip to 0:25 and 1:42 for the double downs. Is that a stag, if so, would the judges still count a stag double down as level 5 even though a stag isn't a body position?

Skip to 0:25 and 1:42 for the double downs. Is that a stag, if so, would the judges still count a stag double down as level 5 even though a stag isn't a body position?

I could be wrong but I don't think it matters. doubling from one leg is what makes it level 5, and they are doing that

Doubling from 1 leg isn't legal in level 4, so that makes it level 5. Doesn't matter the body position... you could double from a dangle if you wanted. IDK how it would score, but it would be a level 5 skill for legality purposes.

I think the only way to make a lib double down legal for level 4 is to have contact with the second leg - so like a super low arabesque with the base or back in contact with the foot or a trophy with the backspot on both ankles even if bases are just on one foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only way to make a lib double down legal for level 4 is to have contact with the second leg - so like a super low arabesque with the base or back in contact with the foot or a trophy with the backspot on both ankles even if bases are just on one foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some teams has done that (I know Hotcheer did it back in the 2014-2015 season). Haven't seen any other teams do it this year or last year ever since though.

Some teams has done that (I know Hotcheer did it back in the 2014-2015 season). Haven't seen any other teams do it this year or last year ever since though.
I remember a Maryland Twisters level 4 team did it a couple years ago too

Tons of teams do it, several CA level 4 teams do it, I know my team does.

Back