OT Elbow Braces

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 11, 2010
Anyone know any really good elbow braces that I can use? I seem to keep hurting my elbow & would love a brace to help protect it.

it is really important to pick the correct brace for your specific injury and pain... is it hyperextension pain? on the inside of your forearm? on the back of your forearm?

it is really important to pick the correct brace for your specific injury and pain... is it hyperextension pain? on the inside of your forearm? on the back of your forearm?

it's on the inside on the boney part of my elbow.

if the pain is actually on and around the joint, it sounds like a hyperextension. a brace that doesn't allow you to lock out all the way should help it (google "hyperextension elbow brace").... and ICE ICE ICE!

ps. i'm not a professional! if it's really bothering you, you should see a dr.!

it's on the inside on the boney part of my elbow.

I broke the bone part that I think you're talking about...well, the bone I broke is the medial epicondyle. Luckily it was a clean break and healed with a cast and I didn't have to wear a brace or anything. I would definitely see a doctor because it could possibly be medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow). If it is ME, it will heal with a little rehab and strengthening! As far as braces go I would definitely meet with your doctor first and see if he/she recommends either an elbow strap brace or an actual "legit" brace. Sending lots of prayers, hope it heals quickly..the elbow area is not a fun place to have an injury, especially with tumbling!

I broke the bone part that I think you're talking about...well, the bone I broke is the medial epicondyle. Luckily it was a clean break and healed with a cast and I didn't have to wear a brace or anything. I would definitely see a doctor because it could possibly be medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow). If it is ME, it will heal with a little rehab and strengthening! As far as braces go I would definitely meet with your doctor first and see if he/she recommends either an elbow strap brace or an actual "legit" brace. Sending lots of prayers, hope it heals quickly..the elbow area is not a fun place to have an injury, especially with tumbling!

Thanks. My dad actually thinks it might be golfer's elbow because I'm showing all the symptoms of it & it's been around for a while ever since last year when I first hurt it.

Thanks. My dad actually thinks it might be golfer's elbow because I'm showing all the symptoms of it & it's been around for a while ever since last year when I first hurt it.

Yikes! Definitely get that checked out asap! It's not a comfortable place to have an injury and the longer you wait to have it checked out, unfortunately the longer it will take to heal :( Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery though!

I have the same issue, if I don't have my elbow wrapped them when I do a back my elbow dislocates and causes serious pain. Happened to me this past weekend in the middle of competing wasn't fun. I can't seem to find a brace that gives me enough support through tumbling. :(

Back