All-Star "eligible" Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 10, 2017
In reading the Summit bid declarations, it says any "eligible" team. What constitutes an "eligible" team? On that note, for NCA and Cheersport, it says all champions in eligible divisions will be guaranteed at least an at large. So, who is that? What if a champion already has a bid (AL or Pd), do they then give that AL to the next team in line?

In reading the Summit bid declarations, it says any "eligible" team. What constitutes an "eligible" team? On that note, for NCA and Cheersport, it says all champions in eligible divisions will be guaranteed at least an at large. So, who is that? What if a champion already has a bid (AL or Pd), do they then give that AL to the next team in line?

An eligible team is any team that isn’t a Worlds team or a mini team. And No, if they already have a summit bid, they are not eligible. UNLESS, they are upgraded to a paid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An eligible team is any team that isn’t a Worlds team or a mini team. And No, if they already have a summit bid, they are not eligible. UNLESS, they are upgraded to a paid

So, if the champion already has an AL or even a Pd bid at NCA or Cheersport, will they then award the champion's AL to the next team (2nd place or the next scoring team)?

So, if the champion already has an AL or even a Pd bid at NCA or Cheersport, will they then award the champion's AL to the next team (2nd place or the next scoring team)?

No. NCA never awards summit bids to anyone other than 1st place.

No. NCA never awards summit bids to anyone other than 1st place.

A team from my gym got their D2 Summit bid at NCA last year. They got 4th in their division. But, my interpretation of the declaration this year is that the bids will only go to first place teams at this season's event.

A team from my gym got their D2 Summit bid at NCA last year. They got 4th in their division. But, my interpretation of the declaration this year is that the bids will only go to first place teams at this season's event.

That’s so strange. Not saying your wrong. It’s in their rules that they only allow summit bids to those that win their division.

That’s so strange. Not saying your wrong. It’s in their rules that they only allow summit bids to those that win their division.

I think that’s new for this year. Last year a team that got 4th (out of 4 teams) in large j5 restricted coed got a bid because the top 3 teams already had bids. This was for D1 summit.

I think that’s new for this year. Last year a team that got 4th (out of 4 teams) in large j5 restricted coed got a bid because the top 3 teams already had bids. This was for D1 summit.

I could have swore it was on their rules last year also. But, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been mistaken

D2 absolutely gave bids last year to teams that did not win their division. There was a lot of discretion as to who the bids went to. But I think they have addressed this issue for 2018 and it is much more clear cut as to who will get a bid.

.SS-D2SummitBidDeclaration18.pdf

Back