Elite Cheerleading Championship 2013 Movie Park - Bottrop, Germany

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Still in love with the swedish falls mount.

A week after i'd see the most annoying thing was the big pause between run-through/warm-up and floor time and the lack of space to warm-up again before you go perform. Guess many teams had problems with that, otherwise i can't explain the many, many drops and injured people needed to be caried of the mat.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Still in love with the swedish falls mount.

A week after i'd see the most annoying thing was the big pause between run-through/warm-up and floor time and the lack of space to warm-up again before you go perform. Guess many teams had problems with that, otherwise i can't explain the many, many drops and injured people needed to be caried of the mat.

I'm glad I was able to see this from the front finally... I had heard that they did a braced full twisting flip mount - which isn't actually the case now that I see it from the front. I had only seen it from the side/back previously and kept trying to figure out how they did it. But it's actually more of a 1/2 flip with a 1/2 twist - so a 1/2 Arabian? :D

Okay after watching the videos (and some others on facebook) can someone please explain to me where all of the high scores came from?
From my understanding the difficulty is compared to whatever is the highest possible difficulty is (so running tumbling level 6 would be double full, etc.) and then execution - well that should be self-explaining.
But when I watch those videos I don't see the teams scoring as high as they did. I don't want to take away from anyone's win because as far as I heard the rankings were pretty right (at least very few people complained compared to other years). But I don't get the high scores at all.
Is anyone here able to explain that?

Well i can't explain anything but from my experience Elite always gives out higher scores than other Companies. Well okay, at least higher scores than at CCVD comps. I do agree, it's a little weird because as you already mentioned, the very high scores should be for the Teams that actually show the skills needed to score in that range. And very few Teams really show a lot of Level 6 skills. I can just imagine the judges not looking for higher scoring skills but cleanliness. And since most Teams dropped like crazy they were just excited to see the Teams that came out on top hit so they scored them higher. I'm just guessing so yeah no idea actually ;) We were actually wondering where our Tumbling Scores came from , it was way higher than we expected it to be haha

Okay after watching the videos (and some others on facebook) can someone please explain to me where all of the high scores came from?
From my understanding the difficulty is compared to whatever is the highest possible difficulty is (so running tumbling level 6 would be double full, etc.) and then execution - well that should be self-explaining.
But when I watch those videos I don't see the teams scoring as high as they did. I don't want to take away from anyone's win because as far as I heard the rankings were pretty right (at least very few people complained compared to other years). But I don't get the high scores at all.

I´m going with HeatUniqueJ - i don´t know either.
Probablly it was more a comparing score thing than actually ranking the points what should have been shown in Level 6 and what was actually in the routines?
Yes, Elite always gives more points than CCVD.
I don´t know their judges guidelines, because i only judge for CCVD and small open competitions.

But my team got scores that were higher than i expected (baskets for example).
I could understand the scoring in execution, but not in difficulty.
But i wouldn´t complain about it (who would), so it is what it is.

But if you count how many teams had really bad drops and pyramid crashes, it could be that the judges rewarded teams that did not have to carry their athletes injured off the floor.

Thinking of attending this competition next year... Can anyone tell me if it's on a spring floor?

Also, what so most people do for accommodation?

Yes there is a springfloor! For accomodation we usually book rooms in a youth hostel around the park, you have be early though because hostels are usually booked far in advance. If you have any questions feel free to message me and i'll try to help you as good as i can :)

Yes there is a springfloor! For accomodation we usually book rooms in a youth hostel around the park, you have be early though because hostels are usually booked far in advance. If you have any questions feel free to message me and i'll try to help you as good as i can :)

Thanks so much, will probably take you up on that!

According to the info I have - Elite doesn't use a "trained" jury per se... meaning there is no "Juryausbildung" etc. like a juror would have through CCVD or USASF equivalents... That plays a bit into the scores.

Back