Email: Understanding The Whole Business Of Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sometimes it is the organizations that pump up the parents. There was a bit of a bruhaha from a competitive softball organization that broke away from ours in a hostile manner. We were at a community meeting - where they were seeking use of the same softball fields we used. Parents from the new organization were literally tearing up before the community board - because this new organization was promising training for softball scholarships and this was the only way their child was going to go to college.
:banghead:

Dear Jackie,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions and opinions! Allow me to respond.

Cheerleading (no hyphen between the "cheer" and "leading",) for many, offers an excellent opportunity to build relationships, gain confidence and participate in a more-than-adequate physical fitness regimen. Many parents don't spend as much as you apparently think on the sport - for instance, we don't buy "photo packages" and our family participates in numerous fundraising opportunities. Further, there are scholarships available for Stunt and Tumble, which has a strong basis in all-star Cheerleading.
Hope this clears up some of your confusion.
On a personal note, you may want to speak with your family physician about some injections of glitter, or sense. Either way is fine.

Sincerely,
:rolleyes:
As I'm reading, I'm thinking "wait for it...wait for it" and boom! Thank you as always for your enjoyable posts.

Back