High School Emergency Imput Needed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 18, 2015
so, one of my girls lost her skirt Friday night (don't even get me started on the "irresponsibility rant" I went into with her.. But poor kid is a mess over the fact that we have a comp Saturday... And she does not fit into anyone else's skirt. (She's heavier than other girls on the squad) ... I had to re order a new skirt... (That even with rush will not be here in time)... Will we look completely off and out of our minds of we wear out PINK uniforms? I need advice. Can't believe this happened ... We are all going crazy looking for this skirt.. Even exploring having Someone try to make one if we can get fabric. Ugh!!! Help!

Last edited:
Is your skirt a solid color? If so, most cheer clothing companies have solid color skorts that are in stock and can be shipped out same day or next day. It may not match perfectly, but it would probably blend.

If not, do you have practice wear that is school colors? You could all just wear that instead of uniforms.

Or option 3, do you have another uniform. May not be your competition one, but you could switch this one time.

Is your skirt a solid color? If so, most cheer clothing companies have solid color skorts that are in stock and can be shipped out same day or next day. It may not match perfectly, but it would probably blend.

If not, do you have practice wear that is school colors? You could all just wear that instead of uniforms.

Or option 3, do you have another uniform. May not be your competition one, but you could switch this one time.
The only uniform we have is the Pink one.. That's why we are thinking the Pink... Our skirt is not
Solid is had quite a bit of white and Cardinal with a hologram gold... So you think the pink is a no?

Do you have a parent that is really good at sewing? If the skirt is too tight around the waist, you might be able to add a panel to make it bigger. It won't look great, but she will still have the same skirt as everyone else.

If not, could you try and incorporate her having a difference color skirt into the routine? It's a last ditch effort, but maybe if say your colors were pink and blue, you could put her in a blue skirt(or uniform) and add a call out section using her as blue? What position is she? Is she really up front and obvious the whole routine? Could you put her in a JV uniform and make her look like an alternate that had to be put in?

I don't think wearing the Pink uniform would be too insane with these circumstances. Much better than having an oddball.

Do you have a parent that is really good at sewing? If the skirt is too tight around the waist, you might be able to add a panel to make it bigger. It won't look great, but she will still have the same skirt as everyone else.

If not, could you try and incorporate her having a difference color skirt into the routine? It's a last ditch effort, but maybe if say your colors were pink and blue, you could put her in a blue skirt(or uniform) and add a call out section using her as blue? What position is she? Is she really up front and obvious the whole routine? Could you put her in a JV uniform and make her look like an alternate that had to be put in?

I don't think wearing the Pink uniform would be too insane with these circumstances. Much better than having an oddball.
She is a base, she doesn't fit in a JV uniform she is considerably larger than the rest of the girls. I went to the fabric store and found fabric that is very CLOSE to ours and having a skirt made.. But very worried she will stick out. Ugh! What a nightmare... We are red, gold and white.. With a metallic hologram gold.. Uniforms are super custom...

The only uniform we have is the Pink one.. That's why we are thinking the Pink... Our skirt is not
Solid is had quite a bit of white and Cardinal with a hologram gold... So you think the pink is a no?
Part of me would make the girl wear maroon shorts and make it a learning lesson to keep up with your crap or pay the consequences. No sense in punishing the others by not letting them wear their uniforms, since they CAN keep up with them. The other part of me would just wear the pink outfit since they would all match. I guess it would depend on my mood that day, the individual child & her history, and the amount of crap I've had to deal with that week. I don't think pink would necessarily be crazy, but I also don't know what it looks like and what the competition environment is.

Part of me would make the girl wear maroon shorts and make it a learning lesson to keep up with your crap or pay the consequences. No sense in punishing the others by not letting them wear their uniforms, since they CAN keep up with them. The other part of me would just wear the pink outfit since they would all match. I guess it would depend on my mood that day, the individual child & her history, and the amount of crap I've had to deal with that week. I don't think pink would necessarily be crazy, but I also don't know what it looks like and what the competition environment is.
I can't stop laughing... When she text me... She asked ME to text the whole squad and see if they might have her skirt b/c she lost hers ?!?! I returned her text message with "?!?!" And was floored she had yet to call EVERYONE herself already?! I then asked her to go check the track... To make sure it didn't fall out of her bag at sideline... And she said she would "head there soon"... An hour later she STILL had not gone and a teammate and her mother took it upon themselves to go look. She's a super sweet kid... But I wanted to tell her... "Start printing out "missing" posters if you have to and Hand them out at in the Target parking lot like you lost your puppy...Just find it-DO something!!!"
My patience... So gone right now!... The whole squad is so frustrated. I'm close to going with pink uniforms because they will all match. I'll post a photo.

wbxl7c.jpg

These are the uniforms (pink)

opzqf5.jpg

This is the fabric I purchased today to have a skirt made for her this week. It's CLOSE but the trim and the red is slightly off.. I'm scared she will draw the eye in comp. ugh... Can.I.Live?!

wbxl7c.jpg

These are the uniforms (pink)
Those would look really nice on a competition floor. If you can, wear them.
opzqf5.jpg

This is the fabric I purchased today to have a skirt made for her this week. It's CLOSE but the trim and the red is slightly off.. I'm scared she will draw the eye in comp. ugh... Can.I.Live?!
I think you'll be fine.

opzqf5.jpg

How long will it take to have this new skirt made?

**I promise I don't eat children and I am not gross looking**

Back