All-Star Encore Toms River 12/04/16

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It actually wasn't as bad as past years believe it or not. It still was a great comp and our girls had an amazing time.
I agree, years past it was definitely worse. There were years there wasn't a spare ounce of space in the entire place. I also noticed the production was much different. In years past there was a video screen with highlights and a real awards show feel to the awards. The best performers were announced and given the opportunity to thank their coaches and parents. This year it was rushed, I couldn't understand a word of what was announced, no video at all, and they just announced best performer by name and moved on. I always enjoyed the uniqueness of the awards for this comp and now it just feels like another cookie cutter Varsity event.

But everyone did look fantastic for December. Super proud of my CP and Team Gunz and all of CJA!

I agree, years past it was definitely worse. There were years there wasn't a spare ounce of space in the entire place. I also noticed the production was much different. In years past there was a video screen with highlights and a real awards show feel to the awards. The best performers were announced and given the opportunity to thank their coaches and parents. This year it was rushed, I couldn't understand a word of what was announced, no video at all, and they just announced best performer by name and moved on. I always enjoyed the uniqueness of the awards for this comp and now it just feels like another cookie cutter Varsity event.

But everyone did look fantastic for December. Super proud of my CP and Team Gunz and all of CJA!
I couldn't agree more. Even the mat was set up different without the red border.

Team Gunz looked amazing out there!

The mat was a mess. They had to realign the whole border by the end of the day.
One our girls slipped off the back because it was hanging over the end of the springs. She took a hard fall. She's ok though.

I agree it's bad every year I guess I'm getting older and grouchy lol they did allow the best performers for level 1 to thank whoever they wanted, but not for any levels after that. I missed the highlights video too. My daughter had a great time and had no complaints. I think I'm not ready for the season to start and the chaos lol

I was very upset that the EP had no regard for the safety of our kids with no bumper around the mat... When will varsity start caring about the welfare of our kids? Maybe after something very traumatic happens and a good lawyer takes a big ol chunk out of their pockets!

Completely agree. The lack of a bumper was inexcusable. The lighting rig off of the back was so dangerous too. It is pretty sad that coaches needed to line themselves up along the edge to try to protect their kids while tumbling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter and I attended as spectators for a 2nd year and enjoyed all the fantabulous teams and I was disappointed that the 'MTV-Video-like' production have been missing for the 2nd year...

I got to admit, I was highly impressed by all of the teams from CJA and Star Athletics-- They definitely blew me away with their creativity, innovation and beautiful tumbling and stunting! Alright CJA and Star Athletic....1 more gym, hmmm, Gold Coast put.it down too!

Last edited:
Back