OT Everything Hamilton!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I suggest American Psycho next. Surprisingly good, even though it closed far too early.

I haven't watched Dear Evan Hansen yet, 'cause I want to be surprised. All I know is that it might be a good idea to bring Kleenex. Which might be a good idea, since the cast album had me like:
1nAOASd.gif
The Dear Evan Hansen album is a thing of beauty. The music and lyrics are stunning, the soft-rock feel is lovely, and the vocals are ridiculous. Ben Platt has one of the best musical theater voices I have heard in a long time, even as I bet he had to hold back some of his power and vibrato for stylistic effect, to play a shy teenager.

The Dear Evan Hansen album is a thing of beauty. The music and lyrics are stunning, the soft-rock feel is lovely, and the vocals are ridiculous. Ben Platt has one of the best musical theater voices I have heard in a long time, even as I bet he had to hold back some of his power and vibrato for stylistic effect, to play a shy teenager.
He was so good in it.

Double post, but I (foolishly) decided to do the cancellation line today. Totally worth it, 'cause I got a ticket in the first row of the front mezzanine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freaking amazing!! Enjoy!! I have tickets for the beginning of April and I cannot wait.

I saw Amelie the other night which stars Philippa Soo. Very cute and there were some scenes I enjoyed immensely. Love seeing the original cast in their next project.

I'm most excited about seeing Taran Killam (he'll forever be Mr. Rad to me). I don't know if my bank account will forgive me, but I figured it's a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

When in April are you seeing it, 'cause Taran is leaving April 13th, I believe.

April 4th :D

Freaking amazing!! Enjoy!! I have tickets for the beginning of April and I cannot wait.

I saw Amelie the other night which stars Philippa Soo. Very cute and there were some scenes I enjoyed immensely. Love seeing the original cast in their next project.
If you use pandora, you can see Leslie Odom Jr between every :banghead: other :banghead: song :banghead:

Though I much prefer him over Brad Paisley [emoji14]

I never watched Hamilton but I just wanted to share that I'm part of my school's vocal esemble group and were singing a song called, The Room Where It Happend, from Hamilton.:p

Not Hamilton related.

James Cordon had Tim Minchin ("Matilda" composer/lyricist), Ben Platt ("Dear Evan Hansen"), and Abigail Spencer (not broadway lol) perform a rendition of "When I Grow Up" from Matilda but Trumpified.

Tim Minchin is one of my favorite people on this earth.

He also wrote the music and lyrics for Groundhog Day, which I've heard pretty decent reviews for.

And on another note, if anyone has the chance to see War Paint, do it. The show itself is a bit of a mess and drags on in some parts, but the sets are great, and Patti Lupone. (Christine Ebersole is great, too.)

We were just talking about War Paint last night. It's on my list.

If you're able to, avoid seats in the rear mezzanine. I assume the seats in the rest of the theatre are as cramped as they are, but I found it a bit too far away from the stage.

Thanks for the heads up. I usually try to sit in the front mezz whenever possible. That's always my first choice in seats.

Mine too, unless there's orchestra seats that are the same price or only $10 more. I knew from the 'a view from my seat' site that my seat was high up, but I was not prepared for how high it was. Still enjoyable, though. (I was in row N if that helps.)

I think in the past 20 years I've only sat in the orchestra once. It was for Rent the second time we saw it and we were in the second row.

I was in the orchestra for Dear Evan Hansen (worth it, even though the theatre switch made it more expensive, and the crap exchange rate did NOT help), and when the Vancouver Opera did Evita.

Mezz for me for Dear Evan Hanson and a little more to the back right than usual but I was happy to just get tickets back in January.

Back