OT Everything Hamilton!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Not arguing that. They have the right to say anything they choose to. I personally don't agree with Pence on this, at all. That doesn't make me in favor of the way in which they chose to voice themselves. I don't think it was done in the appropriate way. It was a tacky display that, IMO, did nothing but hurt their point. Encouraging the sort of behavior that went on there is NOT the way to get the opposite inside to change their mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I couldn't disagree more. Hamilton is the hottest musical ever and allows them to advocate for their rights directly to the man who can make changes that impact their life. How many times is Mike pence going to interact with a gay man? What about an HIV positive person? Theater should be provocative and make you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't disagree more. Hamilton is the hottest musical ever and allows them to advocate for their rights directly to the man who can make changes that impact their life. How many times is Mike pence going to interact with a gay man? What about an HIV positive person? Theater should be provocative and make you think.

But it shouldn't be purposely disrespectful and rude in the way that they encouraged their audience to be. I think that is counterproductive.

If I had a thin skin, I wouldn't be here, that's for sure. If I have ruined anything, I think YOU are the one with a thin skin. If you didn't want commentary on politics on this thread, perhaps the "relentless" commentary that caused me to finally comment was unwise. Seriously, if you don't want any counterpoint, going on and on about how horrible the other side is might not be wise.

v668g9.jpg

You are literally proving all of my points as you continue to post.

Keep going, please. This is amusing. We all know what happens in Act II anyways - the loudest, most argumentative character creates their own downfall because they can't stop talking.

v668g9.jpg

You are literally proving all of my points as you continue to post.

Keep going, please. This is amusing. We all know what happens in Act II - the loudest, most argumentative character creates their own downfall because they can't stop talking.

You are offensive, I'm done talking to someone who had the incredible nerve to compare me to a slaver. That doesn't deserve continued response. You seriously think that's the way to prove your point?

You just proved my point, don't like what someone has to say, just get nasty.

You are offensive, I'm done talking to someone who had the incredible nerve to compare me to a slaver. That doesn't deserve continued response. You seriously think that's the way to prove your point?

Oh gawdddddddddddd. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, I'm just trolling the troll. But wasted effort apparently, you aren't getting my Hamilton references.

But it shouldn't be purposely disrespectful and rude in the way that they encouraged their audience to be. I think that is counterproductive.

"There's nothing to boo here, ladies and gentlemen. Nothing to boo here."

If this is encouraging people to be disrespectful and rude, I must have a hearing disorder.

The words that were read were also not disrespectful nor rude.

Pence was booed when he came in. Is the cast to blame for that? Should they have refused to go on if the audience didn't apologize?

What part of the statement was "disrespectful and rude"?

Thank you! You were quicker than I at finding the text!

What part of the statement was "disrespectful and rude"?

Thank you! You were quicker than I at finding the text!

It's not what they said, it's the fact that they said it with the intent to have the crowd act the way they did. He said "don't boo" but he KNEW based on past experience what was going to happen. They expected that response, it's what they wanted.

It's not what they said, it's the fact that they said it with the intent to have the crowd act the way they did. He said "don't boo" but he KNEW based on past experience what was going to happen. They expected that response, it's what they wanted.

I think you're assuming way too much. No one can control the audience and he was boo'd before he even sat down, but nothing they said was rude or offensive. Hamilton is the hottest ticket on the planet whether it be Broadway or any mainstream music tour right now. They have a strong and powerful platform to stand on and they used that platform to share a positive message that many would love to be given the ability to say.

I think you're assuming way too much. No one can control the audience and he was boo'd before he even sat down, but nothing they said was rude or offensive. Hamilton is the hottest ticket on the planet whether it be Broadway or any mainstream music tour right now. They have a strong and powerful platform and stand on and they used that platform to share a positive message that many would love to be given the ability to say.

We will have to agree to disagree. I think they knew exactly what they were encouraging.

We will have to agree to disagree. I think they knew exactly what they were encouraging.

Nope. I refuse to agree with you. Walk away whenever you would like but after the election i am making a personal effort to engage more. Complacently, especially from someone with all of my privilege, is unacceptable.

Nope. I refuse to agree with you. Walk away whenever you would like but after the election i am making a personal effort to engage more. Complacently, especially from someone with all of my privilege, is unacceptable.

And I respect your opinion. I can do that without agreeing with it. To me, that's what agreeing to disagree means. No one is going to change their minds, but we can be respectful of each other.

Back