OT Everything Hamilton!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
For anyone who may have been on the fence about trying to get tickets for the Hamilton tour:
Breaking News: Joshua Henry, Michael Luwoye and Rory O'Malley Will Go 'Non-Stop' in HAMILTON National Tour; Cast Announced!

Based off the bootlegs I've heard from the Chicago and Broadway productions, it looks to be an amazing cast. (And I would consider selling a body part to see Joshua Henry in person.)

I keep crossing every body part I own that they come more south than Georgia, if not that is where I'll be seeing it.

For anyone who may have been on the fence about trying to get tickets for the Hamilton tour:
Breaking News: Joshua Henry, Michael Luwoye and Rory O'Malley Will Go 'Non-Stop' in HAMILTON National Tour; Cast Announced!

Based off the bootlegs I've heard from the Chicago and Broadway productions, it looks to be an amazing cast. (And I would consider selling a body part to see Joshua Henry in person.)

Okay.... salty bc that means Joshua Henry is leaving before I get to see it in Chicago. I thought since I was seeing it less than a year after the Chicago production opened the entire original Chicago cast would be around :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

released this to say goodbye to obama
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png

emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png

Yayayayayayay!!! This is my favorite song on the whole soundtrack and was so mad when Lin said we'd have to wait until the PBS doc to see this performance. So i waited the whole documentary and it NEVER. SHOWED. UP. I was very upset. Chris Jackson is my absolute fav out of Lin's Squad[emoji769]. My life feels complete now!

emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png

I'm still in denial that we're saying goodbye. That said, this is one of my favorite tracks on the entire album and I'm not normally a ballad lover. But Mr. Jackson slay me every single time.

I'm still in denial that we're saying goodbye. That said, this is one of my favorite tracks on the entire album and I'm not normally a ballad lover. But Mr. Jackson slay me every single time.
I'm waiting for him to break into a song and dance number on Bull. Paciencia y fe.

I was scrolling through Tumblr and saw this. I don't know if it's any closer than where it'll be playing in Georgia, though.
'Hamilton' is coming to New Orleans in the 2018-19 Broadway in New Orleans series | NOLA.com

It's not close mileage wise (I'm in FL), BUT my sister and her family lives in NOLA so at least I would have a house to crash in. And, I'll be watching dates to see if it crashes with my nephew's graduation because I'd already be in town. Thanks for linking this!

(2 of the shows on the list are closing soon)
A list of ways to get discount theatre tickets:
http:// patina-millers-biceps.tumblr.com/post/155964326668/master-post-of-cheap-ticket-prices-updated

Edited to add:
Finally got a permanent Lafayette/Jefferson (so it took 'em almost a year....)
Breaking News: The Man Is Non-Stop! Tony Winner James Monroe Iglehart Will Join HAMILTON on Broadway
Hmm, kind of an interesting choice... A very different style... He's more of a traditional type of showman, and (dare I say it), slightly older than the rest of the cast. I would have seen him as Washington rather than Laf/Jef, but we'll have to wait and see.

When Chris announced his last show, I convinced myself that James would be Washington. It's nice to see my record of predicting who'll be replacements right but missing it on which role/location they'll be at is going strong.
James was involved in an early reading of Hamilton (Lin tweeted a link to a video of it), and he is a member of Freestyle Love Supreme, so we know he can rap. (Not tap, autocorrect. But he can do that too.) only doubt is his French accented rapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he'd be a great Washington, but is a weird choice for Lafayette.
He's got Washington's dignity and that classical showmanship, but I don't see that youthful, cheeky, scoundrel side.

We have 2 tix for early April and then the whole fam is going the end of May. I wonder who will be doing Lafayette/Jefferson for that first performance, since James not slated to start until mid-April...

Physically he reminds me much more of Chris Jackson.

Back