All-Star Evolution Of A Cheer Mom???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think we all would of really thought "do we want to do this" if we had known what really happens as kids get
older and more involved!
Maybe take stock in hairspray?
Apply for an airline/ hotel job?
Just say "NO" lol
Bottom line we all love to let our kids do it and c them happy! (Most of the time)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I was coach for the first 4 cheers of my CP's cheer "career", I guess I skipped the first 2 years... however my first year as a "mom" only was definitely a rude awakening and I think I crammed some of year 1, 2, 3 and maybe 4 in one maybe 2 seasons... I'm somewhere around 5/6 now lol which is a life saver for my boy cp cause he's in his 2nd year of Tiny team and I'm like "ok I need dates" lol and "where can I save money" lol but nothing more than that lol poor kid... isn't even getting my full on Cheer mom cause CP exhausted it all!!! lol

I've written about our first year experience on the boards here and there so it's no secret that our first year was like being surrounded by Y3 moms. Last year was my Y3 year and I have to say, having such a horrible first year has kept me sane even in the least sane moments. I also started the alcohol/wine early...oops. CP is in year 4 now and I can definitely relate to laughing at the crazy cheer moms. They kinda scare me a bit.

I think I am reverting backwards. Unless a spot comes open youngest CP will not be cheering this season. I am having cheer withdrawals and being a SM. Pretty sad to be a SM when CP isn't even cheering. So much irony there. LOL Trying to laugh instead of cry.

Sometimes frustration can make you more SM @Keep_Believing so maybe it's not so strange after all. Hoping there will be a way for her to cheer again!

I'm on year 3 now and am pretty chill for the moment. Been working on realizing why I've felt certain ways. A lot of it is what has been said on the boards but sometimes you gotta think about it for a while before you accept it, if that makes sense. For example my worth as a parent does not depend on if Susie gets a certain skill quickly. Stuff like that.

Looking forward to the later years when all I'll worry about is my booze! :eek: :D

I'm year 7 now, but I'm pretty sure I was a piece of work from year 2-5 lol. Anyone on the board can vouch for that I'm sure! Lol I was so weird!

This is my 3rd year doing allstars. My mom was/still isn't a cheer mom when my older sister did cheer back in 00'-06 (for high school and allstars) She still has like no idea about cheer lol

Didn't @Mamarazzi finish them or am I confusing the NACP rules for her?

**Of all the things I miss, I think I miss my signature the most**

I'm year 7 now, but I'm pretty sure I was a piece of work from year 2-5 lol. Anyone on the board can vouch for that I'm sure! Lol I was so weird!

Self awareness is a great thing :chestbump::p

I read this and couldn't help thinking of my mom, who is now in year 4. I noticed a bit of year 3 last year, but thank god she had 9 years of practice when she was gymnastics mom before me and my sister changed to cheer.

Back