All-Star Expansions, Openings, And Mergers For 2013-2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

on Crown Athletics, I heard from a reliable source that they will just be working with fearless. However they are their own separate entities. I can assure you Juba and Mykel are going to do great things with Crown Athletics!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
on Crown Athletics, I heard from a reliable source that they will just be working with fearless. However they are their own separate entities. I can assure you Juba and Mykel are going to do great things with Crown Athletics!

I'm excited about Crown Athletics and have always heard great things about Juba. I wouldn't hesitate to take my girls there to tumble any day. Fearless, on the other hand, not even sure how they are still in business and not sure why Juba would ever want to even associate his name with that place. Some parents are funny, they do more research on what type of TV to buy, reading reviews and consumer reports, etc but they pay no attention to news and court cases about an owner of a place where their kids are potentially spending countless hours a week. SMH. Anyway, excited to see what crown puts on the mat!

This thread is so confusing sometimes, I need a map, decoder ring, and translator to figure out what the heck anyone is posting about..

I've gathered there's once again CAC/CEA drama-lite, people ruffled about Cali takeovers and moving into areas where there are already decent gyms, GA vs Every Other Gym in Georgia, Some minor Texas drama over switching gyms and team placements, as well as Maryland Madness...

Illinois, you're slacking. Pick up the pace.. :p

So you're telling me that opening 2!!! Locations in the same exact area as the rivals isn't shady.... Take your teal goggles off and answer the question honestly. Im no cea fan nor am I a cac fan.. just an honest question to you

Unless you know 1st hand the circumstances of the situation, don't make accusations! Do you know the area where gym is located? Do you know what buildings are available for purchase or lease suitable for gym? No, I don't think you do, unless you are opening your own gym.

Unless you know 1st hand the circumstances of the situation, don't make accusations! Do you know the area where gym is located? Do you know what buildings are available for purchase or lease suitable for gym? No, I don't think you do, unless you are opening your own gym.

Last I checked I was asking a question not accusing someone.... K bye :)

The only thing that concerned me about the CEA expansion was the incredibly low ceilings in their new location! CSP has been posting pics of them moving into a new location and the ceilings are not vaulted....how do you practice basket tosses with 10 foot ceilings?

The only thing that concerned me about the CEA expansion was the incredibly low ceilings in their new location! CSP has been posting pics of them moving into a new location and the ceilings are not vaulted....how do you practice basket tosses with 10 foot ceilings?

The ceilings are being redone after tryouts. There is no stunting during tryouts so the height works for now

I saw a Cheer Athletics' tweet that said something about how the coaches have twitter too, a waitlist of replacements, and they're ready to start reviewing the list. Minor drama, of course, but I wouldn't expect any earth-shattering drama from the folks at CA either. I did a mental "WHA----CHHHHH" whip sound in my head when I read that tweet. ;)
Bahahaha!!! That was a good one! People ask all the time how we don't have drama... It's bc our owners & coaches don't put up with it! Pay your bill, support your kid & their team and SHUT UP! ;)...JK .. Kindof!

One united is in mooresville at exit 36 so it wouldn't be that. Galaxy is 5 minutes from our house in Gastonia so it's not that either. My money is on Victory or Odyssey of Concord. They're the only ones I can think of that are out there unless there's a very small gym I haven't heard of.

One United is right down the street from the new LKNM location

I am so confused about all of this CEA and CAC drama. I swear it gives me a headache.:banghead: Everyone keeps talking about in terms of business opportunities but I don't understand opening another location strictly from a business point of view. I know that their Kernersville, and Raleigh locations have had an enormous success on the world and national stage but to be honest I haven't heard much about the teams from their other locations in terms of both world and national success. (If they have I apologize but I honestly haven't) From what I understand about business, you should be making sure that the locations that you are opening are all succeeding at the same level or else you end up having one or two locations carrying the load of the entire group. Think about it in terms of a large company and that each location is a division of that company. If 3 or 4 divisions of that company are in the red (not doing as well as the others) and 1 or 2 divisions are in the black (really succeeding) well then that company is in the red. Thats how I see this expansion anyway as just burdening down the other divisions.. I think CSP should focus on bringing her other gyms all up to the same awesome level that the Kernersville and Raleigh locations are. I really do admire CSP for what she has done but I think she just needs to stop and really think about better ways to grow her business in my opinion

(Please forgive me for the comparison I'm about to make, but there's no other real historical comparison that could be drawn. Also, I have no connection with CEA so this is all based off of observation on my part.)

I view CEA as kind of like the communist bloc. Kernersville would be Moscow, Raleigh would be East Berlin, Charlotte could be Havana (to a degree), and the rest of the locations would be some of the smaller cities throughout the USSR. They're not incredibly powerful, but they don't HAVE to be--they've got Moscow, East Berlin, and Havana to handle all of the real issues that come up. The smaller locations provide "troops" to fill teams once they've reached the skill levels.

I feel as though the smaller CEA locations are basically infantry for the level 5 CEA teams--SE, Coed Elite, SSX, Smoex, Lady Elite, JC5, Junior Elite, Youth Elite, etc. etc. etc. (This is NOT to say the younger and lower-level athletes are not important. They are.) The Kernersville gym and Raleigh gym (from what I've seen in pics at least) aren't huge gyms like CA or Stingrays. There isn't enough time or gym space to provide a location for younger teams and all levels. The only youth team in Kville is YE, and the only mini team is Mini Elite. Raleigh has one tiny team and then only junior and senior teams. The other locations provide the "training ground" so to speak for the younger teams and other levels.*

CEA clearly tries to get their athletes to level 5 as quickly as possible, and it seems to be working pretty well. It doesn't matter if their satellite gyms are "in the black" and winning championship after championship--that's not really the point. The smaller locations are an opportunity enter CEA at a level and age-appropriate team that otherwise wouldn't be available at Kville or Raleigh, and eventually work oneself up to a team that practices in Kville or Raleigh, if that's what they want to do. (I think. Again, I could be completely wrong and I have no connection to CEA.)

*all this info is taken from the CEA wikipedia page so correct me if I'm wrong.

So you're telling me that opening 2!!! Locations in the same exact area as the rivals isn't shady.... Take your teal goggles off and answer the question honestly. Im no cea fan nor am I a cac fan.. just an honest question to you
Honestly, I first have to figure out who you mean by "rival". We practically NEVER cheer against CAC. Ever. And we did NOT create the Concord gym, we merged with an existing program. No "extra" competition that is new. The Charlotte gym opened because we had close to a hundred girls traveling to Kernersville every week. It made sense to give them their own place. Judging by their success, I'll say the market can withstand it. Teal glasses or not, that is just good business, and looking out for your athletes. If any gyms say it is not fair, they can feel free to step up their game and compete.

(Please forgive me for the comparison I'm about to make, but there's no other real historical comparison that could be drawn. Also, I have no connection with CEA so this is all based off of observation on my part.)

I view CEA as kind of like the communist bloc. Kernersville would be Moscow, Raleigh would be East Berlin, Charlotte could be Havana (to a degree), and the rest of the locations would be some of the smaller cities throughout the USSR. They're not incredibly powerful, but they don't HAVE to be--they've got Moscow, East Berlin, and Havana to handle all of the real issues that come up. The smaller locations provide "troops" to fill teams once they've reached the skill levels.

I feel as though the smaller CEA locations are basically infantry for the level 5 CEA teams--SE, Coed Elite, SSX, Smoex, Lady Elite, JC5, Junior Elite, Youth Elite, etc. etc. etc. (This is NOT to say the younger and lower-level athletes are not important. They are.) The Kernersville gym and Raleigh gym (from what I've seen in pics at least) aren't huge gyms like CA or Stingrays. There isn't enough time or gym space to provide a location for younger teams and all levels. The only youth team in Kville is YE, and the only mini team is Mini Elite. Raleigh has one tiny team and then only junior and senior teams. The other locations provide the "training ground" so to speak for the younger teams and other levels.*

CEA clearly tries to get their athletes to level 5 as quickly as possible, and it seems to be working pretty well. It doesn't matter if their satellite gyms are "in the black" and winning championship after championship--that's not really the point. The smaller locations are an opportunity enter CEA at a level and age-appropriate team that otherwise wouldn't be available at Kville or Raleigh, and eventually work oneself up to a team that practices in Kville or Raleigh, if that's what they want to do. (I think. Again, I could be completely wrong and I have no connection to CEA.)

*all this info is taken from the CEA wikipedia page so correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow thats actually a really good analogy and I actually never thought of it like this. Shimmys for you!:shimmy:

Back