All-Star Expansions, Openings, And Mergers For 2013-2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just curious, this season that just passed, what teams - non level 5 did k-ville field?
Well, the wifey (Team Mom) is asleep, but I will take a shot at this:

Junior 2 Pixies
Mini Elite (Level 2/3 depending on what the EPs let us do)
Junior Excel (started 3, ended 4)
Senior Excel (same as above)
I know I am missing something in there..
Then the non worlds level fives:
Youth Elite
Small Junior 5 (Ladies of Fire- maybe the best team in the building)
Large Junior 5

Help me out, MsTealtoYou!?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Well, the wifey (Team Mom) is asleep, but I will take a shot at this:

Junior 2 Pixies
Mini Elite (Level 2/3 depending on what the EPs let us do)
Junior Excel (started 3, ended 4)
Senior Excel (same as above)
I know I am missing something in there..
Then the non worlds level fives:
Youth Elite
Small Junior 5 (Ladies of Fire- maybe the best team in the building)
Large Junior 5

Help me out, MsTealtoYou!?

According to the 2012 CEA showcase schedule the Kville teams are :
Youth Butterflies
Coed Excel
Junior Pixies
Junior Excel
Mini Elite
SmJr5
LgJr5

(doesn't say levels on the schedule)

What's weird is however reluctant I am to it, I am becoming more and more teal army every day and find myself siding with CEA in disagreements like this.
At the end of the day people, if you don't live in North Carolina, have no interest in sending your kid to CEA, or have any clue: why do you care?
It's not like CEA and CSP are producing a bad product.

Same! I used to think CSP was expanding too much, too fast. But now after reading this and hearing from all the teal folks, it actually makes a lot of sense. Most programs don't set up their gyms this way, but it doesn't mean it's wrong. You can't expect a 3 year old gym to be producing what kville is...you just can't. But if an athlete at one of the newer cea gyms advances quickly and needs to leave the gym to be on a team at their level, at least they still have the option of cea, and don't have to abandon the program. The teal army has won me over on this one.

According to the 2012 CEA showcase schedule the Kville teams are :
Youth Butterflies
Coed Excel
Junior Pixies
Junior Excel
Mini Elite
SmJr5
LgJr5

(doesn't say levels on the schedule)
Same ones I wrote, then. Coed Excel is what I called sr excel (level3/4), Youth Butterflies is Youth Elite (level 5).

Surprised I remembered those. We are so busy with my CP getting ready for try outs that I did not think I would remember. Say a prayer for a kid DYING to be on the butterflies team!

Same ones I wrote, then. Coed Excel is what I called sr excel (level3/4), Youth Butterflies is Youth Elite (level 5).

Surprised I remembered those. We are so busy with my CP getting ready for try outs that I did not think I would remember. Say a prayer for a kid DYING to be on the butterflies team!

Yup, I was just confirming it for you! :)
Good luck to your CP!

Same! I used to think CSP was expanding too much, too fast. But now after reading this and hearing from all the teal folks, it actually makes a lot of sense. Most programs don't set up their gyms this way, but it doesn't mean it's wrong. You can't expect a 3 year old gym to be producing what kville is...you just can't. But if an athlete at one of the newer cea gyms advances quickly and needs to leave the gym to be on a team at their level, at least they still have the option of cea, and don't have to abandon the program. The teal army has won me over on this one.

After I stopped drinking the kool aid last year and looked at other gyms objectively, (and started some objective research) the same thing happened to me. It's a different concept in how to run a total program but it works. I'm also finding that I like all the options. Can't make a uniform fitting at your home gym, fine. Stop by another one. Want to tumble (basically everyday) between the gym locations individual schedules you basically can. I have three monthly calendars printed on the cork board and we just pick what works. I'm finding its very fluid between all the different locations so what used to feel like "cheating" for working out at other gyms to fit your schedule is now just....options.

While I'm completely cured of ever drinking anyone's kool aid ever again, I can see where that can happen. It's a great system that works well, but its different and you don't really "get" how nice it is to have those options until you're in it.

North Carolina is still not a "cheer state". We are saturated with gyms, but I wouldn't say that our state takes its Cheerleading as seriously as a California or Texas. Our business plans and gym philosophies have to be different in order to succeed. So I understand the CEA philosophy. At the end of the day it's all about choice.

After I stopped drinking the kool aid last year and looked at other gyms objectively, (and started some objective research) the same thing happened to me. It's a different concept in how to run a total program but it works. I'm also finding that I like all the options. Can't make a uniform fitting at your home gym, fine. Stop by another one. Want to tumble (basically everyday) between the gym locations individual schedules you basically can. I have three monthly calendars printed on the cork board and we just pick what works. I'm finding its very fluid between all the different locations so what used to feel like "cheating" for working out at other gyms to fit your schedule is now just....options.

While I'm completely cured of ever drinking anyone's kool aid ever again, I can see where that can happen. It's a great system that works well, but its different and you don't really "get" how nice it is to have those options until you're in it.

I know someone or multiple people were comparing CEA to Cali in terms of expanding and # of gyms and philosophy. I can't comment to philosophy...that's a coaches/owners thing... But there is no comparison re:gym locations. The size of The state of Cali is crazy! You can't (realistically...unless you are willing to go to some crazy lengths!) just double team between most of the Cali gyms. Sure some people who are willing to drive 5-6 hours or fly do do it...but it def. sounds like in NC it's a lot more feasible and common because of the smaller distances between the gyms.

I know someone or multiple people were comparing CEA to Cali in terms of expanding and # of gyms and philosophy. I can't comment to philosophy...that's a coaches/owners thing... But there is no comparison re:gym locations. The size of The state of Cali is crazy! You can't (realistically...unless you are willing to go to some crazy lengths!) just double team between most of the Cali gyms. Sure some people who are willing to drive 5-6 hours or fly do do it...but it def. sounds like in NC it's a lot more feasible and common because of the smaller distances between the gyms.
Very true. Certain gyms, like PCM (4 locations all within an hour) or Cheerforce (San Diego/OC/Simi), who have a few gyms within close relation to one another, certainly - not that many do it but it is doable. I only know three Cali athletes who have cross competed at different locations.

It is usually done with a purpose, not just moving in to offer a better business. It's moving in to take over an area. Don't think they are necessarily trying to make a profit from that location but to pull to their multiple locations.

Well I don't know enough about the politics of it all to give an opion on that so I will have have to bow out gracfully on that matter. I have a great respect for PCM but having a gym located closer to us in Ontario was a God send. We would have loved to have PCM as an option for my cp but unfortunately with 2 working parents the long drive is not something we could make work for our family. Rancho is full of crazy parents and a gym that is completely out of control with drama in the gym and out of the gym. Cali offers a much more profesional and controled environement that I'm looking for. Having to put so much $ and time into a sport we deserve to have a sane place to drop our kids off at. :) And Im hoping they are able to get a handle on all the insanity and put the parents in their place early on, from what I've heard and seen about how Tannaz and Jeff run things they won't and don't have to put up with the crap that was running rampid in the other gym.

Honestly, I first have to figure out who you mean by "rival". We practically NEVER cheer against CAC. Ever. And we did NOT create the Concord gym, we merged with an existing program. No "extra" competition that is new. The Charlotte gym opened because we had close to a hundred girls traveling to Kernersville every week. It made sense to give them their own place. Judging by their success, I'll say the market can withstand it. Teal glasses or not, that is just good business, and looking out for your athletes. If any gyms say it is not fair, they can feel free to step up their game and compete.

I didn't realize the new location was a merger, I thought it was a brand new location. What program did you merge with? There are so many great ones in the area.

Back