All-Star Expansions, Openings, And Mergers For 2013-2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CEA Salem question...

I heard at school at cheer (full of CEA girls from Kville and Salem) that Ben Pope is no longer the Salem head coach? Is that true?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Unless this happened today, no truth to that at all. With all the banquets going on right now, he may have been out for a while, but he is still going strong.

Saying that part of the gym went one way & one part another isn't totally accurate. There's definitely a bigger story there, all of which happened well before these "mergers". It will be interesting to see what happens with it. Because of the circumstances and people/gyms involved it definitely creates some drama!

I know what you mean.... It is complex, but it wasn't a "Clean" acquisition for either gym. I guess what I meant is the neither got all the building, equipment, staff, or girls.

Sounds a bit like a divorce settlement, huh?

But here's the problem -(this is from Crown's press release) -

"Rebecca Sherman and Yolanda Phelps will run the Bryans Road location, Jubael and MyKel will run the Jessup location, and Nick Sweeney, who holds ownership in CA All-stars and Jubael Ra-Akbar, recent co-owner of Fearless All-stars, will run the Gaithersburg location."

Clearly Nick Sweeney now owns part of Crown and Jubael now owns part of Fearless. It's hard to believe that Sweeney will have nothing to do with two of the Crown locations when he is an owner. And just changing the name of fearless does not change the very questionable history of that program and its owner. Don't understand why Crown did that.

Here is a thought.... If you have any questions about who the Owners are and who will be running what location, Come to the try outs in Jessup on May 18 from 11am-6pm and ask Juba and Mykel for your self. Owning a gym and running a gym are 2 different things. All this "Well I heard this and I heard that" is not really helping anything. Its always good to get things straight from the source. There are alot of options in MD and no 1 gym in perfect for everyone, so assumptions, gossip and miss information is not a good thing. Juba and Mykel have a Great reputations and are Awesome coaches, Yes Crown is new, but Even CEA, Stingrays, Twisters were new at one point. Everyone just needs to take a breath and ask the right people about any concerns you may have. Hope to see you Saturday! :enjoyshow:

oops. Posted too early

As a Teal Army member not everyone in a satellite gym considers their team less than the Kville teams. As a new member please do not belittle any program or facility just because for you the holy grail is in Kville. I can assure you CSP counts them all as important. Our worlds team went to Kville to practice with the Elite teams and held their own very well and at no point were ever made to feel as the step child. Just an insiders advice for a new season.

Ouch.

I love when "members" who have 1 shimmy show up to blast established members. I was seriously in shock when I read that post because she obviously has NO CLUE what type of person @12stepcheermom is. She has NEVER eluded to the fact that Kville is the "holy grail" and if she thought it was her cp wouldn't be at CLT...AND she definitely wouldn't be splitting her kids between two gyms, she would just have both at Kville.
I'm a pretty laid back person on here but our parent area is large and strong and we will defend our own, especially when someone is acting like a whackadoodle.

I love when "members" who have 1 shimmy show up to blast established members. I was seriously in shock when I read that post because she obviously has NO CLUE what type of person @12stepcheermom is. She has NEVER eluded to the fact that Kville is the "holy grail" and if she thought it was her cp wouldn't be at CLT...AND she definitely wouldn't be splitting her kids between two gyms, she would just have both at Kville.
I'm a pretty laid back person on here but our parent area is large and strong and we will defend our own, especially when someone is acting like a whackadoodle.

shimmy for the use of the word whackadoodle

or a whoadeedle ;)

Cheerville had their tryouts last Saturday and sunday!! international level 5 team results will be released in August! Be welcome to come and join the cheerville family!

Thanks for reading my mind. I just saw that post, otherwise I think I would have put her in her place. Shame on her.......

@mstealtoyou

Apparently he/she was born in a barn... Raised by a pack of wolves...

Major shimmy for use of the word whackadoodle!

I must shimmy anyone with North Cackilacky on their profile.

Well, it's no fun for us if you tease.

Spill.

:D

Here is one for you....Now the next question is where are they coming from???

We are very excited to know after tonight we will be having 3 world teams our debut year – THAT'S RIGHT- 3! I AM LOOKING FOR FLYERS to help fill in what we need for these 3 teams!!! If you fly and are interested in being on a worlds team – WE HAVE A TEAM FOR YOU!!! We are so excited at TRI-Athletics!! We have a second tryout May 18th at 12pm for all athletes who missed the first one! Come join the TRI Family!

Back