All-Star Expansions, Openings, And Mergers For 2013-2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really have to stop typing from my phone with a CPU sitting in front of me. Sorry for the typos and lack of formatting in that post! It also deleted a well placed :rolleyes: smiley after the comment about our ever growing uniform collection. Boo Fierceboard App

I really have to stop typing from my phone with a CPU sitting in front of me. Sorry for the typos and lack of formatting in that post! It also deleted a well placed :rolleyes: smiley after the comment about our ever growing uniform collection. Boo Fierceboard App
PM'd you not to take up more space since I didn't know it was already discussed..

Salem is in no way trying to be another Kernersville or Raleigh, and never have been. You seem very opinionated about CEA gyms, and maybe... Just maybe... A little less than "well informed". I guess Ben Pope, Brandon Hale, Dawn Hicks, etc... Are all too "young" and "inexperienced" for you? Do we use some young coaches? Yes. Are they left completely on their own with teams? No. We quite obviously have a philosophy on a couple of things that you don't agree with: 1) having gyms that are smaller, "satellite" gyms for the bigger 3, 2) taking young alums who want to coach and giving them that chance by working with kids to see if they have 'it'. It is fine for you to disagree, but lets keep it knowledgeable in here.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Slow your roll, sparkle. She's speaking from personal experience with the CEA brand. If that doesn't count as "knowledgeable" then I'm not sure what does.

Slow your roll, sparkle. She's speaking from personal experience with the CEA brand. If that doesn't count as "knowledgeable" then I'm not sure what does.

But cheering at another gym... not current. My family is in that Kernersville gym 4 days a week or more. What she said was AT BEST misleading, AT WORST defamatory. Although I am sure cheering at another gym in the area, she is completely up to date on all of CSPs coaching moves and hires... right. :rolleyes:

If you tried our gym and did not like it, that's fine. But to sit in another gym and question Courtney Pope's dedication and/or coaching decisions is insulting. If it did not work out for you, then fine... It does NOT mean that the system is flawed... and it certainly does not mean that you should be online making statements that sound like our other gyms are places where you get sub par coaching from teenagers.

So, I politely refuse to "Slow my roll"... and dont call me sparkle. :cool:

i have a question why is it when anyone has an opinion about cea it causes a ton of drama? people all have different experiences and like different things and i get that people are loyal to their gym and coaches but its only someone's opinion. I don't think anyone has personally attacked csp or anything but maybe someone just had a bad or different experience then yours and thats ok.

But cheering at another gym... not current. My family is in that Kernersville gym 4 days a week or more. What she said was AT BEST misleading, AT WORST defamatory. Although I am sure cheering at another gym in the area, she is completely up to date on all of CSPs coaching moves and hires... right. :rolleyes:

If you tried our gym and did not like it, that's fine. But to sit in another gym and question Courtney Pope's dedication and/or coaching decisions is insulting. If it did not work out for you, then fine... It does NOT mean that the system is flawed... and it certainly does not mean that you should be online making statements that sound like our other gyms are places where you get sub par coaching from teenagers.

So, I politely refuse to "Slow my roll"... and dont call me sparkle. :cool:

I'm sorry, you must be new here. The poster to whom you are referring has said many, many, many positive things about CSP and the CEA brand in the past. She was relating her experience with this and has an opinion (based on her personal experience, not speculation) that differs from yours. That in NO WAY is defamatory. You are welcome to post that your experience has been different, but to imply that she is not "knowledgeable" or is in some trying to "defame" CEA is simply untrue, sparkle. ;)

I get that, Hawkeye. I just would much rather hear: "This is why it did not work for us" than thing that sound much more negative or attacking. I dont speak about rival gyms because we have not been to them. But I will defend mine if I feel it is being unfairly judged.

SarahS, I think the problem that I had with her post is that she WASN'T relating her experience: what went right, what went wrong. She just made kinda vague statements that sound awful when read the way they are posted. We deal with a LOT of negative and simply false information about our gym all the time... mainly from gyms in our area doing their best to hold on to girls and keep them away from Kernersville. I have said it before, but it always kills me to hear some of the ridiculous lies and stories other gym owners and coaches tell about CEA to paint the gym in a bad light. Then we get the "nothing they said was true about this place" epiphanies at the beginning of every season. Does it make me/us a bit defensive? As you can tell... yes.

based on history, the writing was on the wall.....
I am a new parent here and took an earlier poster's advice to wait and form an opinion of my own regarding Crown and Fearless (in spite of all of the negative information about Fearless). I could have saved myself some time and just followed my instincts. Fortunately, we are very happy now at a different program. Thank you to all of the parents who shared their knowledge and research about this situation (here and in earlier threads). We love the Fierce Board!

SarahS, I think the problem that I had with her post is that she WASN'T relating her experience: what went right, what went wrong. She just made kinda vague statements that sound awful when read the way they are posted. We deal with a LOT of negative and simply false information about our gym all the time... mainly from gyms in our area doing their best to hold on to girls and keep them away from Kernersville. I have said it before, but it always kills me to hear some of the ridiculous lies and stories other gym owners and coaches tell about CEA to paint the gym in a bad light. Then we get the "nothing they said was true about this place" epiphanies at the beginning of every season. Does it make me/us a bit defensive? As you can tell... yes.

You could've asked for more detail instead of dropping the last beat of a broken drum on her.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

While u r on the subject of CEA, whats the scoop regarding their brand new Lake Norman gym? i've heard many things, including the fire marshall closed it down due to safety violations and the teams were having to drive to Winston Salem (more than an hour away). Is this true? And if so, why dont they move the teams to the new Concord gym?

Off the CEA train, what is happening with PA Spirit Explosion? I saw cheer updates tweet that the owners will be taking back their LCI name, but I wonder what is happening to all the athletes.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back