All-Star Extra Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 21, 2016
why is no one randomly “finding” or adding extra summit bids??? Only worlds bids...
Giving so many summit bids to NCA and cheersport have really hurt the chances at regional comps.

They aren't being randomly found, they were sponsored by a company.
I don't think the amount of bids being given out at NCA and Cheersport have any effect on the odds of getting a bid at regional comps. There are a good amount more bids being given out total this year compared to previous years, especially with the addition of the international divisions. Perhaps more teams are going for bids, but NCA/Cheersport have no effect on that.

ETA: Last year there were about 970 D1 bids. This year there are almost 1,200, not including NCA or Cheersport at-large bids as that could vary. Add another 112 US based international division bids.

Last edited:
They aren't being randomly found, they were sponsored by a company.
"they were sponsored by parents who are forced to pay jacked up prices for hotels in order for their kids to compete"
Just wanted to clarify :p
But I agree with the OP it seems odd to do for one and not for the other since the used money to fund the bids comes from everyone.

"they were sponsored by parents who are forced to pay jacked up prices for hotels in order for their kids to compete"
Just wanted to clarify :p
But I agree with the OP it seems odd to do for one and not for the other since the used money to fund the bids comes from everyone.
Haha, yea that I do agree with. I should have stated that, too. I just more so don't agree with the number of bids given out at NCA and Cheersport affecting the odds of getting a bid at other comps.

i disagree. Comps we are attending this year have given 4 or 5 paid and 10 at large summit bids in past years, and are giving out 3 paid and 5 at large this season. That's almost cut in half. Other comps that gave 1 paid and 5 AL in past years have dropped the paid and are only giving 5 AL. I definitely think the large number of bids being given at CHeersport and NCA affected number of bids available at other comps.

i disagree. Comps we are attending this year have given 4 or 5 paid and 10 at large summit bids in past years, and are giving out 3 paid and 5 at large this season. That's almost cut in half. Other comps that gave 1 paid and 5 AL in past years have dropped the paid and are only giving 5 AL. I definitely think the large number of bids being given at CHeersport and NCA affected number of bids available at other comps.
It's because there are more total events giving out bids. It's not those 2 comps.

I wish they would sponsor more summit bids. Worlds teams that placed 3rd at SOH got at large bids— no one placing third is getting a summit bid . Not one team in my CPs division has a summit bid, hoping with the “big” comps coming (jam fest, cheersport, nca and uca) that changes.

They probably want more attendance at those comps, increase the bids, more teams show up to compete.

I wish they would sponsor more summit bids. Worlds teams that placed 3rd at SOH got at large bids— no one placing third is getting a summit bid . Not one team in my CPs division has a summit bid, hoping with the “big” comps coming (jam fest, cheersport, nca and uca) that changes.

And by the end of the season, we will have teams that come in 7th, 8th, or even lower that get bids. I feel like Worlds bids are available for all, just show up and by the end of the season, you'll get one. I would like to see the elimination of all at-large bids and just have teams duke it out for the paids. How many teams don't actually get a bid? Just let everyone go who wants to; that's basically already what it is.

I wish that Connections would sponsor more Summit bids also. How many teams are trying to get those bids compared to Worlds? It's way, way more. Those parents are paying a greater % of the fees that Connections pays, so they really should spread some love to the non-Worlds teams.

And by the end of the season, we will have teams that come in 7th, 8th, or even lower that get bids. I feel like Worlds bids are available for all, just show up and by the end of the season, you'll get one. I would like to see the elimination of all at-large bids and just have teams duke it out for the paids. How many teams don't actually get a bid? Just let everyone go who wants to; that's basically already what it is.

I wish that Connections would sponsor more Summit bids also. How many teams are trying to get those bids compared to Worlds? It's way, way more. Those parents are paying a greater % of the fees that Connections pays, so they really should spread some love to the non-Worlds teams.
One year I think they had too many at large bids at NCA? An 11th place team in our division got one last year. Summit def harder to come by.

One year I think they had too many at large bids at NCA? An 11th place team in our division got one last year. Summit def harder to come by.
Yea, that has happened at a few comps over the years. Though I have seen a handful of Summit bid comps this year not give out all of their bids due to not enough bid eligible D1 or D2 teams.

I hear this argument all the time and I get the frustration, but Worlds is two levels with the majority of teams competing in one level, and only senior and international divisions. It is the elite level, so there are far less gyms who field a Worlds eligible team. Of course there are going to be less teams in the pool! Summit covers three divisions (well more now that International has been introduced) and seven levels. If the same ratio of Summit bids to eligible teams were handed out, Summit would be more than a week long.
Technically, Worlds is a USASF event and Summit is a Varsity event, so two separate entities. It shouldn't be expected that they operate the same way.
Side note: it made me laugh to type that last sentence.

It is also worth noting that Worlds and Summit happen at the same venue with the same capacity. They are basically trying to limit the bids to the amount of teams they can handle, not necessarily trying to get the top XX% of teams. There is a dramatically larger pool of teams in L1-5R than there are in the Worlds division, so it makes sense that Summit bids would be harder to get percentage-wise.

Plus, it is in Varsity's interest to make the Summit bids tough to get, so teams will keep signing up for more Varsity events to chase those bids down.

Last edited:
We just left Jamfest Indi after Bid Announcements. Three bids magically appeared post Bid announcement. They said it was due to attendance etc but it looks like someone at Jam can’t add.

We just left Jamfest Indi after Bid Announcements. Three bids magically appeared post Bid announcement. They said it was due to attendance etc but it looks like someone at Jam can’t add.
Yea, I have a feeling part of it was them inadvertently leaving out the level 6 teams.

Back