All-Star Extra Small As A Worlds Divison

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
Now that USASF has announced that worlds will have an XS division, and that you can only compete in it if the XS team is your only worlds team, I am really excited to see what smaller gyms who traditionally have the year end goal of making finals now have a shot at a ring.

Have any gyms announced being in the division? I would LOVE to see an XS team from SCV or Lions, are there any other people you're hoping to see in this division?

Does it mean your location if your other gym locations have a worlds division but you dont?

Anyway, I hope to see Twisters Elite in this division.

Does it mean your location if your other gym locations have a worlds division but you dont?

I think it would depend on how multi-location gyms are set up and registered with USASF. I know of a gym that made its locations separate entities in order to compete at D2 Summit this year.

I think it would depend on how multi-location gyms are set up and registered with USASF. I know of a gym that made its locations separate entities in order to compete at D2 Summit this year.
I thought gyms were not allowed to do that and that was the whole point of a D2 Summit.

The Cheerleading Worlds | New Opportunities for Programs

The announcement doesn't explicitly say, but I really hope that is the case. I would like to see a division that is used as a stepping stone for smaller gyms to be able to get on par with franchise gyms before having to go against them. I think it would in many ways help with the deadly dangerous small senior/coed teams at worlds, and be a nice alternative to the D1/D2 worlds debate. I think it would make both small and large gyms happy.

I am still thoroughly confused at the reasoning for this division (particularly the switch from it being a non-Worlds to a Worlds division). I wish USASF would have better communication as to why this division was created.

I am pretty sure the intent is to follow the same rules as summit. If you have more than one location competing, then you cannot compete extra small.

I am still thoroughly confused at the reasoning for this division (particularly the switch from it being a non-Worlds to a Worlds division). I wish USASF would have better communication as to why this division was created.

The switch from non-Worlds to Worlds would likely be two things. 1. Money, 2. Giving the division a purpose. Gyms would likely not go XS without it being a Worlds division, they would just go small without 19/20 athletes. Also more teams at Worlds means more money in USASF's pockets.

The switch from non-Worlds to Worlds would likely be two things. 1. Money, 2. Giving the division a purpose. Gyms would likely not go XS without it being a Worlds division, they would just go small without 19/20 athletes. Also more teams at Worlds means more money in USASF's pockets.
ITA with this.
More teams=more money
and
the division is pointless without the ability to compete are worlds. Gyms either go R5 to compete at summit or compete in small at worlds.

I agree; but I am more questioning why the division was created to begin with.

I believe they're adding new restrictions this year to limit that?

I agree; but I am more questioning why the division was created to begin with.

Didn't they add XS across the agre grid at the same time as tightening the age ranges? It was supposed to be for small gyms who felt they couldn't field full teams with a more limited age range. They didn't change the age range for worlds teams, but they did increase the small division to 22 (I think? 21 or 22) athletes. The division makes some sense when you consider how many gyms had a hard time fielding 19 or 20.

When they made Internall Open Small Coed (5/6), it wasn't explicitly a worlds division when the division was announced. Did they announce the divisions as specifically "non-worlds" or was it just not declared as a worlds division? I think they didn't want to announce it as a worlds division until they could formalize the restrictions.

But let's at least call a spade a spade and admit that it's more or less a D2 division.

Last edited:
ITA with this.
More teams=more money
and
the division is pointless without the ability to compete are worlds. Gyms either go R5 to compete at summit or compete in small at worlds.

Can you explain how you think this results in more money? There's still the same number of bids and with less people on a team, that's less registration fees and spectator fees at worlds than if it was a larger team.

Can you explain how you think this results in more money? There's still the same number of bids and with less people on a team, that's less registration fees and spectator fees at worlds than if it was a larger team.

I think adding this division will mean more bids next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think adding this division will mean more bids next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bids are based on the number of participating teams at bid events. It didn't result in more bids when international small coed 5/6 were added. I don't think this will result in that many more teams at bid events that we'll see much of an increase in bids.

Back