OT Failbook On Cheer Athletics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
lol that's been floating around since worlds, and I'm almost positive someone from the gym (maybe bluecat, but possibly a mom or athlete) said it was a joke a bunch of the girls came up with, and was, in NO way, true.

Not a fan of some of the comments on that picture:
"I am assuming they are also put on scales and weighed to a one-hundredth of a pound. No wonder young girls have body image issues."
"Wow, cheerleaders really do fit the stereotypes..."
"Cheerleaders are idiots anyway. Let them ruin their bodies to look "good."
"Yaaaay idiotic high school and college girls who believe that starving themselves and wearing Ghandi Brand Jeans (size 0 and below) is both healthy and sexy."
"My daughter will never be a cheerleader."
I know the CA diet thing was a joke but I really kind of wish it was never put out because the picture became very popular and now people that don't know CA and that don't sense the sarcasm believe that cheerleaders actually follow this diet plan. I guess you could say I'm just done with people having stereotypes about cheerleaders.

I feel like CA has put a couple of things out there now that are better to be kept in the gym and private. This makes the sport look so bad.

This was obviously not something that Cheer Athletics put out as a gym. I have no idea where that came from and have never seen it before. I guess someone was trying to be funny, but it as un-funny as it is unhealthy.

There are many things on there that make no sense from a dietary standpoint and would affect an athlete negatively. If we WERE to have a recommended diet (we don't), it would look nothing like that.

i posted thispic on my instagram because of how redic it was, and some cheerleader was like im following this diet plan after i saw it, and i feel so much better now :( it is so unhealthy :( y can't people see that

I remember one of the girls in panthers posted it (though I won't name names) but I don't remember her ever saying it was a joke or anything? I personally thought she was being serious when she posted it and couldn't believe it myself

It was a joke & some take it completely too far! But then again, we have girls that think that other girls are "perfect" and call them "cheerlebrities" so...
Think a lot has been taken too far! IMO ;)

Back