OT Fashion Pet Peeves.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've seen it done before where they part their hair super on the side and get that part shaved and then they just part their hair normal and it get's covered up.

I guess it´s not easy to create a competition hair style with this :)
If one of my kids would come to practise with something like this, they could carry me out :jawdrop:

Another Fashion Pet Peeve (of mine):
Wearing different prints on every piece of your outfit.
Shoes, pants, shirt, handbag.
Too much going on for me.

I have to add this really fast before class starts.
I was walking to said class and there was a girl walking in front of me wearing tights as pants and I could see her butt and black thong through them. Immediately thought of this thread. Not a good look. Ever.

I have to add this really fast before class starts.
I was walking to said class and there was a girl walking in front of me wearing tights as pants and I could see her butt and black thong through them. Immediately thought of this thread. Not a good look. Ever.
EVER. And if I can see through your leggings, don't be wearing a hot pink thong either. Like no....
P.S. Yoga pants are fine if they fit right, but if yours are so tight I can see through them like mentioned above, get another size. Not everyone can wear an extra small... and it's perfectly fine!

• ANY sort of bra strap showing..like please NO.
  • Colors that clash like one or two shades off. Don't do it.
  • Jean jackets with jeans. NO.
  • Bleach blonde hair with dark black roots. (or any unnatural roots for that matter.)
  • Pajama pants. Please get dressed in the morning.
  • Wrinkled clothes. Not cool.
  • Clown makeup.
  • Rosary's. If it isn't your religion and you're just doing it to be cool, think again and don't.
  • Leggings that aren't meant to be leggings. (First mistake.) And ESPECIALLY if you can see your neon green panties through them.
  • Panty lines.
  • Cleavage pushed up to your chin.
  • MAXI DRESSES MAKE ME WANT TO VOMIT.
  • Jean skirts. Just...no..
  • White on white.
  • Navy and black.
  • Overly messy buns.
  • Hate me all you want, but I cannot stand the sock buns.
I could go on for days, but that's what I've got for now!

Honestly, I've done both and both are hard in their own ways. It's so freaking hard to catch a freaking 6 foot pole and NOT get bruised. It's also so freaking hard to throw and catch a 5'3" 100lb girl and not get bruised.
The 6 foot pole thing actually reeealllly stinks when the wind is blowing!!!

-Wearing a regular bra with a racerback shirt/top/dress...no
-Converse and TOMS.
-Denim jackets
-Printed jeans (floral, zebra, cheetah)...tacky!
-Clothes that don't fit right
-Half corset tops with shorts/skirts AT SCHOOL.
-Outfits that look like a unicorn threw up on that person (neon colors, hope y'all get the idea)
-Capris and cowboy boots..really?
-Brown and black
-Navy and black
-Wearing heels to school...im sorry, if I wear heels for more than 5 minutes I feel like i'm going to break my ankles
-Combat boots
-Uggs and shorts/sweatpants that aren't leggings
-Shorts that look like you're wearing a piece of denim across your lady areas.
-Crop top shirts that aren't worn right
-"Nerd" glasses...STOP IT.
-Meggings (man leggings) gross

Reactions: Ems
-Wearing a regular bra with a racerback shirt/top/dress...no
-Converse and TOMS.
-Denim jackets
-Printed jeans (floral, zebra, cheetah)...tacky!
-Clothes that don't fit right
-Half corset tops with shorts/skirts AT SCHOOL.
-Outfits that look like a unicorn threw up on that person (neon colors, hope y'all get the idea)
-Capris and cowboy boots..really?
-Brown and black
-Navy and black
-Wearing heels to school...im sorry, if I wear heels for more than 5 minutes I feel like i'm going to break my ankles
-Combat boots
-Uggs and shorts/sweatpants that aren't leggings
-Shorts that look like you're wearing a piece of denim across your lady areas.
-Crop top shirts that aren't worn right
-"Nerd" glasses...STOP IT.
-Meggings (man leggings) gross
Meggings is an actual thing...? Ew.
And the whole unicorn barf and nerd classes remind me of this...
http://www.explosm.net/comics/3023/

Well fashion trends are wayyy different in England but I hate:
  • Messy buns on the top of you head.. you look like an alien
  • Ear stretches make you look hipster over here.. please those are creepy when they are huge
  • Everyone loves to stud everything, we have studs on shoes, bags, shirts.. then girls where them all together :help:
  • Pauls Boutique.. none of you guys would know this but everyone went through a stage where they loved this brand, and now everyone hates it. hahaha
  • Nike airs.. these THINGS came back from the 2006... google them. I cant bear to upload a photo.
That is all!

When I was a kid I was obsessed with Baby Sitters Club, and one time Claudia (who was super fashionable and my fictional idol) wore a long sweater with tights. Of course I went to my closet and pulled out a normal sweater and my favorite red tights and put them on and walked downstairs. My mom was like "I can see your underwear and tights are not pants. What in the world are you thinking?" and I got really upset I couldn't pull off the same style as Claudia.

I know, cool story. You all are super jealous of loser 8 year old me, I can tell... I just think everyone needs to have a moment like this to realize tights are really, really thin and see through.

Not to get off topic but, my HS daughter bought a sweater dress once without trying it on. Sweater dress, boots, tights, slung down belt, I get a call stating I need to bring my daughter clothes she is out of dress code. I'm beside myself because, she had held up the dress up so I could see it when she bought it and it was about two inches above the knee. I get to school, under the lights....everything....Victoria had no secrets that day.

To everyone that hates leggings at pants, just wait until you go to college. I used to hate them, but now my VS yoga leggings are my favorite.

*But I still hate when people wear like super thin leggings as pants, or just tights.

I went to college and never wore leggings or yoga pants or sweatpants to class. Jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt, yes.

I went to college and never wore leggings or yoga pants or sweatpants to class. Jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt, yes.
I still wear jeans but I wear leggings way more than I ever used to. I never wore them in high school but I probably wear them twice a week here.

and in closing we have the ever so 'totes adorbs' im going to shave half my head and tease the crap out of the other side look
tumblr_lwrhnsaGvX1r4se4ho1_500.jpg

Holy crap I dreamt my 10 year old tried to do this to her hair, with disastrous results, the other night! I was beating my child in my dream that's how mad I was. I woke up so pissed.

next we have the lovely kesha style trend that is worn in the winter. in canada. like no sweetie just because you are wearing NYLONS with your shorts does not mean you will be warm
20100816_kesha_250x375.jpg

This is probably my biggest pet peeve. I go to college in Wisconsin and I am not kidding when I say I have seen girls walking to class wearing shorts with nylons or tights when it is snowing. Oh but don't worry, sometimes they wear this or just shorts with uggs. I'm sure they're warm then haha

Back