The Brady Bunch
HR Pufnstuf
Josie and the Pussycats
Speed Racer....I was in love with Speed Racer, too :cloud9:
Fat Albert
Archie
Wacky Racers....Penelope Pitstop was all that and a bag of chips
th

Dating myself but I liked Kids Incorporated, Mickey Mouse Club (NOT the cartoon...the one with Brittney & Justin), Duck Tales, Tail Spin, Chip and Dale and Darkwing Duck. Guess I was always a Disney fan. [emoji5]️
We must be the same age bc I loved all these shows! I was also a Nickelodeon junkie so Doug, catdog, ren and stimpy, I still watch spongebob. I watched way to much TV as a kid. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really showing my age - I rarely watched cartoons other than 2- The Flintstones, Fat Albert and the Gang... but I loved Electric Company, The Little Rascals, DeGrassi Jr high (the original program in the early 80s), Zoom, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Carol Burnett Show, I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith Show, Twilight Zone, Creature Feature and Chiller...

PS: I grew up during the time when TV will go off air around 1am with playing the American Anthem and no more programming...

Last edited:
I am really showing my age - I rarely watched cartoons other than 2- The Flintstones, Fat Albert and the Gang... but I loved Electric Company, The Little Rascals, DeGrassi Jr high (the original program in the early 80s), Zoom, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Carol Burnett Show, I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith Show, Twilight Zone, Creature Feature and Chiller...

PS: I grew up during the time when TV will go off air around 1am with playing the American Anthem and no more programming...
I found that on YouTube and fell in love. I love the fact that they kept Spike on the show for so many years (I'm currently on season 5 of TNG).

I found that on YouTube and fell in love. I love the fact that they kept Spike on the show for so many years (I'm currently on season 5 of TNG).
Yes, my daughter told me that Lucy is on the updated DeGrassi Show and she could not believe when I told her I watched that show when I was a teen too. When I asked her about some major characters, my daughter told me many of those characters are parents and/or teachers on the new show...I still remember some of the taboo topics covered interracial dating, teen pregnancy, etc... and this program came out of Canada and Public Service channel...Wow!

Im pretty sure most kids TV shows shown in the UK are American anyway but if not you'll know why you haven't heard of them!

Blues Clues
The Wild Thornberries
Mr Benn
Angela Anaconda
Care Bears
Pingu
Bananas in Pyjamas
Mona the Vampire
Little Bill (my childhood obsession)
Little Bear
Franklin
Barney
Maisie Mouse
Totally Spies
Noddy
Sleepover Club
Rugrats
Arthur
Recess
Jimmie Neutron
Power Puff Girls
64 Zoo Lane
The Tweenies

The Electric Company
Romper Room (I was actually on it a few times)
The Magic Garden (I went to college with Paula's daughter; she and Carole were still best friends)

Land of the Lost (and all of the Saturday morning shows)

The Bionic Woman (and Man)
The Brady Bunch
The Partridge Family
Happy Days
Little House on the Prairie

Oh Degrassi...my brother and I watched it when it was first shown on PBS as Degrassi Junior High and then Degrassi High, and continued as adults when The Next Generation premiered. I still watch it with cp. I feel reaaaallly old now.

ETA: Zoom. How could I forget about Zoom? I loved Bernadette and that weird arm swing she did. I can still do it.

Last edited:
Yes, my daughter told me that Lucy is on the updated DeGrassi Show and she could not believe when I told her I watched that show when I was a teen too. When I asked her about some major characters, my daughter told me many of those characters are parents and/or teachers on the new show...I still remember some of the taboo topics covered interracial dating, teen pregnancy, etc... and this program came out of Canada and Public Service channel...Wow!

My coworker and I are obsessed with Degrassi (The new generation). We put in a request for purchase for the library to buy the entire series, so fingers crossed. I teared up talking about JT's death. He was just going to go get some oatmeal :(

The new Degrassi kids are lame but I still watch

I can't bring myself to watch the 80s Degrassi. I'm not a fan of anything 80s except select music.

Btw for anyone that still watches Degrassi....have yall seen what Connor turned into in real life? He's gorgeous.

Also Degrassi related but I few weeks ago I was driving my 12 yr old cousin home from the mall and I was playing Drakes latest cd and at one point he says "my acting days are over" and I was like "Maddison, do you know what he means? Do you know what show he was on" and she was like "no" and I was like shocked and asked "you don't know he was Jimmy on Degrassi?" And she was like "ohhhhh I saw a vine of him getting shot".

I felt so old. I wonder if Drake knows that these new kids don't even get his Degrassi references.

Someone mentioned Fraggle Rock as being their favorite show. During orientation my freshman year of college we had an 80s theme and my floor was Fraggle Rock. I'd literally never heard of it. (I was born in 85)

My favorite shows growing up were Gem, and sitcoms (family matters, full house etc)

And I loved Rugrats and Hey Arnold...and As Told by Ginger although I was too old for them.

Sailor Moon and Pokemon! Also the original Disney Channel shows like the suite life of Zack and Cody + That's so Raven.

My coworker and I are obsessed with Degrassi (The new generation). We put in a request for purchase for the library to buy the entire series, so fingers crossed. I teared up talking about JT's death. He was just going to go get some oatmeal :(

The new Degrassi kids are lame but I still watch

I can't bring myself to watch the 80s Degrassi. I'm not a fan of anything 80s except select music.

Someone mentioned Fraggle Rock as being their favorite show. During orientation my freshman year of college we had an 80s theme and my floor was Fraggle Rock. I'd literally never heard of it. (I was born in 85)

My favorite shows growing up were Gem, and sitcoms (family matters, full house etc)

And I loved Rugrats and Hey Arnold...and As Told by Ginger although I was too old for them.

It's on YouTube. JT's death was so depressing (I saw the clip, but I'm not there yet in my viewing of the episodes). To prevent myself from crying I just remember that the actor left to go to college. So he's not rally gone. Though it makes me feel 10x worse for Toby because now he's lost 2 friends (JT and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named).

Yes! Full House!!! That's a good one. I was in an elevator once with John Stamos. ☺️ My claim to fame. Lol

Here are a few more from when I was REALLY young:

She-ra (Princess of Power!!!)
(My CP and I watch old reruns of She-ra on Netflix)
JEM and the Holograms
Rainbow Brite
Smurfs
Pound puppies
My little ponies (the good version)
Care Bears

And lastly... Does anyone remember an old 80's cartoon called "Beverly Hills Teens?" LOVE that cartoon.

Does anybody remember Littlest Pet Shop before it was turned super girly? I had a few episodes on VHS.

Back