OT Favorite Childhood Television Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The Electric Company
Romper Room (I was actually on it a few times)
The Magic Garden (I went to college with Paula's daughter; she and Carole were still best friends)

Land of the Lost (and all of the Saturday morning shows)

The Bionic Woman (and Man)
The Brady Bunch
The Partridge Family
Happy Days
Little House on the Prairie

Oh Degrassi...my brother and I watched it when it was first shown on PBS as Degrassi Junior High and then Degrassi High, and continued as adults when The Next Generation premiered. I still watch it with cp. I feel reaaaallly old now.

ETA: Zoom. How could I forget about Zoom? I loved Bernadette and that weird arm swing she did. I can still do it.
Yes, how can I leave out Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman and Isis...

PS: I can still do that Bernadette arm move and all the kids in the neighborhood thought it was so cool to do it... I remembered seeing a young Morgan Freeman in Electric Company... I actually got the nickname Pebbles from The Flintstones because I was the little sister with the high pitch soft baby voice...hahaha
I really miss those good days of watching television, but I definitely remembered only watching no more than 2 hrs of television a day and we spent a lot of time playing outside...

I love that my kids have started watching the shows I grew up on (Full House, Brady Bunch, Growing Pains.)

Yes, how can I leave out Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman and Isis...

PS: I can still do that Bernadette arm move and all the kids in the neighborhood thought it was so cool to do it... I remembered seeing a young Morgan Freeman in Electric Company... I actually got the nickname Pebbles from The Flintstones because I was the little sister with the high pitch soft baby voice...hahaha
I really miss those good days of watching television, but I definitely remembered only watching no more than 2 hrs of television a day and we spent a lot of time playing outside...
I can still speak Ubbi Dubbi!

@Pebbles49

I loved Isis! (I feel like I am going to end up on a terrorist list now). Did you watch Shazam! too?
I remembered Shazam, but I do not recall if I watched that program...I think that was the program my brother watched...One thing I remembered about those times, my mother had us pick out programs to watch for the whole week ahead of time (TV Guide) and my brother and I had share programs we watched together and separate programs too..
PS: In my family, we had only 1 TV, so we watched television up to a certain time and then to bed or read a book or something...

You Can't Do That on Television
Smurfs
Snorks
Gummy Bears
The Get Along Gang
Shirttails
Animaniacs
Full House (ok, all of TGIF)
The Mickey Mouse Club
Clarissa Explains It All
Cosby Show
Small Wonder
Charles in Charge
Facts of Life
Heathcliff
Benson
Golden Girls
Hey Dude
Double Dare
Pinwheel!!

Last edited:
I remembered Shazam, but I do not recall if I watched that program...I think that was the program my brother watched...One thing I remembered about those times, my mother had us pick out programs to watch for the whole week ahead of time (TV Guide) and my brother and I had share programs we watched together and separate programs too..
PS: In my family, we had only 1 TV, so we watched television up to a certain time and then to bed or read a book or something...
I am just happy because no one ever remembers those shows!

And, most of the shows listed are shows that I have seen…with my kids.

It's on YouTube. JT's death was so depressing (I saw the clip, but I'm not there yet in my viewing of the episodes). To prevent myself from crying I just remember that the actor left to go to college. So he's not rally gone. Though it makes me feel 10x worse for Toby because now he's lost 2 friends (JT and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named).

Yeah no. I don't YouTube TV shows. The stress of finding consistent quality videos...I don't do it to myself My library is going to buy it me....I mean our customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah no. I don't YouTube TV shows. The stress of finding consistent quality videos...I don't do it to myself My library is going to buy it me....I mean our customers.

Wrong video posted before, here's the right one:

Last edited:
The Partridge Family....I was in love with David Cassidy :cloud9:
The Brady Bunch
HR Pufnstuf
Josie and the Pussycats
Speed Racer....I was in love with Speed Racer, too :cloud9:
Fat Albert
Archie
Wacky Racers....Penelope Pitstop was all that and a bag of chips
th
Speed Racer was pretty hot[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

You know, my innocent little mind didn't know who Dr. Ruth was when I used to watch Between the Lions. I thought she was famous for helping animals pronounce their consonants.

Then I grew up and found out what she's really famous for... and yet PBS had her on a kids show... :confused:

My So-Called Life.

Y'all. That was my maudlin, grunge, woe-is-me and my gay bff freshman year in high school.
Yasss, I think that was my guilty pleasure show...I think, everybody was watching it but no one talked about it...
I forgot to mentioned, I know the whole neighborhood used to watch the Smurfs! All the girls always wondered, "Why is it just 1 girl"? All the girls in the neighborhood thought that the writers could not think of girl's names, so we made up names like Smurfelina, Smurfelisa, Smurfletta, etc...I must say, we were so creative young people back then with our cartoons...We took ownership over some of them!

Last edited:
This is a fun thread!! I wasn't allowed to watch much television as a kid, so I liked the only 4 shows I could watch - Electric Company, Zoom, Little House on the Prairie, and Emergency (I was so going to marry Johnny Gage). In college, Party of 5 was my all time favorite, and I really liked Friday Night Lights (loved the book the best and the movie was good too). I don't watch a lot of television now but I like Criminal Minds and Amazing Race and I watch Deadliest Catch because hubby likes it.

Back