All-Star Favorite Parts Of Worlds 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

luv2cheer92

Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Mar 15, 2011
This is always my favorite thread every year, so post away! Favorite moments, pictures, memes, etc

ETA: I'll add some of mine, though I'm sure I'll come up with lots more

- Swoosh going back to back. I got to practice along side this team all season and I was so happy to see all their hard work pay off!
- Cyclone the dog performing and getting a medal
- So many different teams/gyms globing and some for the first time
- BSB winning and the battle in small coed

Last edited:
Cyclone the dog and his little black boots.

The athlete on GT Hearts who did the back handsprings and had the sweetest smile throughout.

Unity Ruby getting 5th :) :)

OO5 making finals.

Brandon Senior Black going back to back!!

Bombshells' reaction to getting bronze.

The amazing sportsmanship shown in the awards ceremonies.

Team England getting gold and silver at ICU.

My favorite part is there there was minimal drama on the boards, and at Worlds, no one was getting locked in fences with duct tape, no slip n slides etc etc

I love that pictures of Medium All Girl of all the top gun, ece, and sot girls hugging and crying - its such a moving picture

and I loved the dog and his booties !

*When That One Owner's Kid from Stars ran for her mom at awards. The feels.

*M5 winning. Their awards vid in which they were happy when they thought they got 3rd or 4th just melts my heart.

*A globe for CJA Bombshells and an excellent placement for Team Gunz.

*That girl on Twist & Shout Diamonds who pulled that stunt up from thr depths of her soul.

*Center stunt group on Senior Elite being the real MVPs.

*Being introduced to Mango 5.

*The fact that true cleanliness was rewarded this weekend and judges seemed to reward technique over flashy.

*Great finish for KC Cheer.

*Nothing crazy happening to make us question the results or need a do-over.

Last edited:
-Cyclone the dog and his lil booties
-All but 1 of the English coed teams hitting zero on day 1
-The photo of the WCSS family (Joelle, Elaine, Daughter (don't know if I can say her name??)
-The twinkle girls that got their ring!
-Santwon being back
-It being the year of the underdogs!
-OO5 FINALLY making finals this makes it!!

(Only thing I didn't like was seeing lots of people saying there wasn't any cheering for the international teams towards the end :( )

Another fave:

Less saltiness on social media or "we should have won" from perennial power houses.

I am not sure if teams are just more self-aware or keeping it private, but this year I think teams know that the performances were clear as to who the winners were.

Like, you can be salty but they can't argue with things like scores 4 points higher than the 2nd place teams, teams with cleaner tumbling, etc.

Another fave:

Less saltiness on social media or "we should have won" from perennial power houses.

I am not sure if teams are just more self-aware or keeping it private, but this year I think teams know that the performances were clear as to who the winners were.

Like, you can be salty but they can't argue with things like scores 4 points higher than the 2nd place teams, teams with cleaner tumbling, etc.
I 100% agree, you could tell who the clear winners were in some divisions and even with deductions still won so it was nice to see not a lot of salt .. I prefer sugar anyways

*When That One Owner's Kid from Stars ran for her mom at awards. The feels.

*M5 winning. Their awards vid in which they were happy when they thought they got 3rd or 4th just melts my heart.

*A globe for CJA Bombshells and an excellent placement for Team Gunz.

*That girl on Twist & Shout Diamonds who pulled that stunt up from thr depths of her soul.

*Center stunt group on Senior Elite being the real MVPs.

*Being introduced to Mango 5.

*The fact that true cleanliness was rewarded this weekend and judges seemed to reward technique over flashy.

*Great finish for KC Cheer.

*Nothing crazy happening to make us question the results or need a do-over.
theres been alot of videos of Mango 5 on the youtube channel Canadian Cheer Videos.

Also, I have watched a couple WCSS award videos.

There is a girl in every video who has her hand over her mouth in every shot.

The coach is trying to hand her a medal and she's frozen in one spot with her hand over her mouth.

The lady is trying to take the pic. Hand over mouth.

She just can't even.

I love it. That's what it's all about.

There seemed to be less complaining about whether someone was "not happy enough" or "too happy too early" during and immediately after awards. Unless someone is acting a fool, veteran coaches and athletes tend not to care or even notice what other teams are doing, but I heard less noise from the internet and stands about it. (Granted I am too old to live on Twitter or whatever is the cool thing now, so maybe I haven't seen it.)

Parts of the logistics side of the event were a little less horrible than they have been.

I saw lots of respect and great sportsmanship from athletes and coaches from a wide variety of programs.

Last edited:
Proud to hear CJA received their 1st of many future globes... CJA! CJA!

To read about the many teams hitting zero and being rewarded and winning!

Watching the inclusion of all gyms in this sport and not just the big gyms...

If I did not say this, the emerging of a gym (CJA) and I believe this gym comeuppance...

Back