All-Star Favorite Parts Of Worlds 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Definitely plays a part in gymnastics too. Each country was limited to five athletes in 2016, when the US probably could have fielded two full teams of five and brought home two team medals. There's also the two per country rule in the all around finals, where even the third highest all around score can be kept out of the all around finals if the top two scores are from their same country. It kept Jordyn Weiber out of the all around competition in 2012 and Gabby Douglas out in 2016.

In short, you can be the third best overall gymnast in the world and kept out of the competition because the first and second best were on your team too. Pretty close parallel to being the fourth best overall IOC team, but kept out of finals because 1st, 2nd, and 3rd were from the US too.

Gymnastics is the only sport that does this AT the Olympics though correct?

Gymnastics is the only sport that does this AT the Olympics though correct?
Specifically just artistic gymnastics. Rhythmic and trampoline gymnastics only allows a maximum of two individuals per country to compete in the AA (or just individual for trampoline) qualifications, so the two-per-country rule doesn't affect them once they've arrived at the Olympics.

So yes, limiting the number of athletes attending the Olympics per country isn't restricted to artistic gymnastics, but limiting the number of athletes per country who can make it past the qualifications round when they're already competing at the Olympic is.

This is probably a dumb question, but is there anywhere to buy a worlds shirt online? It was my daughters first Worlds comp and we were in Jostons and they only had a small shirt area and I forgot to stop and get one. I also didn't even know about the backpacks that could be picked up at All Star (we stayed outside of Disney property). I feel bad not having any shirts or souvenirs from Worlds (except the fanny pack they got for getting a bid, which she is channeling my 80's style fashion and actually using!) I checked poshmark but it is probably too soon for kids to be selling brand new shirts. If there is a place I can buy one online that would be great!
Im gonna bump this back up because I am in the same boat. Anybody??

Back