All-Star February 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Panthers look awesome. I thought having less athletes on the mat would make a huge difference but they look like they did before (just 2 less stunts). Pyramid still awesome and looks the same. Hope those injured athletes heal soon.

Eta: I've only watched panthers. Too many videos to keep up with on here lol.

Yeah I thought so too! I know a lot of people got injured but I saw that a former stingray apple and a former Cheetah are both on Panthers right now so I'm sure they will recover and be just fine :)

Having less on the floor is also giving me more 2011-2012 Panther vibes which IMO were the best anyway.

I wasn't able to find a video of them but my favourite team at cheersport had to be the amazing j3 from ohio extreme! They were ahead of me in practice gym and had a Wizard of Oz themed routine! one girl was dorothy and wore rhinestoned red cheer shoes ("ruby slippers"). The elements of the routine were all very creative, I especially loved the pyramid! If anyone has a video of them please post it! by far one of the most entertaining routines i've seen in a while!

I wasn't able to find a video of them but my favourite team at cheersport had to be the amazing j3 from ohio extreme! They were ahead of me in practice gym and had a Wizard of Oz themed routine! one girl was dorothy and wore rhinestoned red cheer shoes ("ruby slippers"). The elements of the routine were all very creative, I especially loved the pyramid! If anyone has a video of them please post it! by far one of the most entertaining routines i've seen in a while!
Is this the team Ohio Extreme rubies? Not a cheersport video but a One up from a few months back.

Eta: is this the team/gym that had those gorgeous teal and black shoes and the rhinestone ones that they won?

With Claw 6 earning a full-paid bid, that's 3 times more level 6 teams earning a full-paid bid than last season.

Oh... the struggles of being in Level 6.

Actually last year 2 level 6 teams went to worlds with a paid bid (PCM and Gymtyme Golden Girls), so not exactly 3 times more.

But I'm so glad more level 6 teams are getting paid. Most of those broke college kids need it more than the senior age teams. They just don't get as many opportunities to get paid at competitions like level 5 teams do.

Actually last year 2 level 6 teams went to worlds with a paid bid (PCM and Gymtyme Golden Girls), so not exactly 3 times more.

But I'm so glad more level 6 teams are getting paid. Most of those broke college kids need it more than the senior age teams. They just don't get as many opportunities to get paid at competitions like level 5 teams do.
Oooops... for some reason I thought it was just PCM that earned a full-paid bid last season.

Thank you for the correction, but yeah... it still stands that level 6 is still on the struggle bus when it comes to earning full-paid bids.

@Ashley, are international teams judged with the same weightage in the rubric at bid competitions as they are at Worlds? i.e. less emphasis on tumbling and more on stunting and building?

Oooops... for some reason I thought it was just PCM that earned a full-paid bid last season.

Thank you for the correction, but yeah... it still stands that level 6 is still on the struggle bus when it comes to earning full-paid bids.

@Ashley, are international teams judged with the same weightage in the rubric at bid competitions as they are at Worlds? i.e. less emphasis on tumbling and more on stunting and building?

It depends on the competition, but usually not. At most competitions they'll be on the Varsity scoresheet which means tumbling is worth the same amount for international teams as it is for senior teams. It makes it hard to compete against senior teams for bids.

It depends on the competition, but usually not. At most competitions they'll be on the Varsity scoresheet which means tumbling is worth the same amount for international teams as it is for senior teams. It makes it hard to compete against senior teams for bids.

This is one of the huge frustrations of Worlds having a different scoring system than nearly every event you go to all season.

Last edited:
This is the same in the UK, although we only send International Open 5/6 teams to worlds. It does mean that those who receive bids based on higher scores may have received those higher scores due to tumbling though.

It was 3 last year. Perfect Storm Thunder from Edmonton, AB had the only full paid bid in Canada and they were a large coed 6. Everyone always forgets about Canada ;)

Back