All-Star February 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You go from a very prescriptive score sheet with a strict rubric where tumbling matters a lot, to an anything goes scoresheet where tumbling is only 15%. It's ridiculous.

Yes I totally agree with this post. Something needs to change for the level 6 scoresheet. How are you suppose to build a successful team when you NEED great tumbling and good stunts to get a bid to worlds but then once you are at worlds the tumbling doesn't matter as much but you NEED great stunting. I know big gyms don't have much difficulty doing this but average size programs do. Plus were old on level 6 teams so our bodies can't tumble like they use to be able to. Lol.

I wish we could just compete on the worlds scoresheet at every worlds bid competition. It would only make sense.

Some thoughts on the few videos I have been able to watch:

*Holy dark horse, Ace. That pyramid.

*The HS coach in me always focuses on little things and fundamentals. TGLC d0es a lot of things well in difficulty but do not sleep on their execution. Jumps and tumbling in particular. There is also not ONE flyer on that team that appears less flexible.

*Stones are about to make that division very interesting.

*I was watching video of CEA's Crush and forgot for a second that they were junior aged kids because everything is so well executed with showmanship that is senior level. Their senior teams have an amazing talent pool coming up.

*Panthers. That second stunt is everything when it hits perfectly. Reminds me that that division is really anyone's game when everyone hits like that.

*You can tell that things are starting to really gel with the CEA-Chicago teams. Very impressed by Passion's second stunt!

Consider me on the Ace Warriors bandwagon.
Their building skills are very creative, they have an infectious energy, and their uniforms look great on the floor. They have their work cut out for them to globe this year, but it would be great if they could make it.

If they get their bid today, which they should, they have to stay with 31. I believe that was the plan anyway though. They have had quite a few injuries this season and have had 31 on the floor since right after Majors. They've had a few fill ins from other teams at several comps this season.
What if you got a paid bid with 27 and go down to 23. Is it ok to go down? What's the rule on that?

Some thoughts on the few videos I have been able to watch:

*I was watching video of CEA's Crush and forgot for a second that they were junior aged kids because everything is so well executed with showmanship that is senior level. Their senior teams have an amazing talent pool coming up.
LOL, most of those kids are already on a senior team, if I were to guess. No snark, I just know that's how CEA tends to work.

Back