OT Finally, Gay Marriage Is Equal Every Where!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sorry if there's already a post I didn't look! but just wanted to say how proud I am to be an American right now! Hate that it took so long for this to happen! Just wanted to say Congratulations to all the LBGT I support you 100%
It has been mentioned in a different thread but not one of its own that I saw and yes, a monumental day for our society. Will be interesting to see how states respond.

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

I am definitely happy for this community for establishment of all the rights and benefits as a marry couple, but I know I will be hated for saying this, but to compare this monumental decision to interracial marriages decision is wrong...jmo

PS: I laugh when my husband first heard the ruling and he said laughing, why should the Gays be left out of the misery of marriage...

I am definitely happy for this community for establishment of all the rights and benefits as a marry couple, but I know I will be hated for saying this, but to compare this monumental decision to interracial marriages decision is wrong...jmo

PS: I laugh when my husband first heard the ruling and he said laughing, why should the Gays be left out of the misery of marriage...
Sorry if missing something but was interracial marriage a legal issue? I always thought was just a social acceptance/prejudice issue.

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

Interracial Marriage: The Changing Face Of Seeing Race : NPR

June 1967 the Supreme Court ruled that all laws barring marriages between blacks and whites were unconstitutional. After their court victory, Mildred Loving told ABC News why she wanted to fight back: "I say I think that marrying who you want to is a right that no man should have anything to do with. It's a God-given right, I think." Before this 16 states had laws on the books barring such marriages.

Interracial Marriage: The Changing Face Of Seeing Race : NPR

June 1967 the Supreme Court ruled that all laws barring marriages between blacks and whites were unconstitutional. After their court victory, Mildred Loving told ABC News why she wanted to fight back: "I say I think that marrying who you want to is a right that no man should have anything to do with. It's a God-given right, I think." Before this 16 states had laws on the books barring such marriages.
Thank you for the education.

Thank you for the education.

I knew it was illegal in some states, but had to google to find the specific info. The year 1967 shocked me, that is so recent.

In my opinion, yesterday's ruling is monumental because it changes the whole fabric of what is considered acceptable and move towards an open and equal society...
I believe comparing yesterdays ruling to the 1967 ruling is the same as comparing apples to oranges,,, back than, regardless of the rulings, blacks and whites were still getting marry and were able to share the benefits of husband and wife once having children. But Gay couples did not and could not, never share in those benefits...
PS: I am so happy because an Aunt, she has been living with her girlfriend for at least 30 years and pretending they were roommates are now able to get marry and share each other social security and medical benefits...

I know most of you may think I am crazy, but since the court ruled 48 yrs ago that interracial couples are okay and yesterday, that same sex couples can marry, hmmm, I was wondering when the courts will rule that we can marry or adopt our pets and put them on our medical benefits or Obamacare, just wondering???...I just came from the vet and he charged me $284 to treat my pet and I asked about pet insurance, which he refused to address...too expensive!

PS: okay, lets have the cute cats and puppies pictures...Did we jumped over the sharks, yet!

Last edited:
Back