OT Finally, Gay Marriage Is Equal Every Where!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
No. I've never been on here ever. I swear to God. This is the first time I've been on here. I didn't realize how old the post was. I just joined like 2 days ago and was just reading. I don't have anything against gay people. I believe they should be threatens equally and have plenty of gay friends. I just believe marriage is between a man and woman. I support gay people having a civil union. I just don't think the law should make a church have to perform a gay marriage if that church does t agree. I think gay people should be able to adopt and do whatever they want. I just think it should be called a civil union. My opinion. And this thread caught my attention bc I'm on the school debate team and we just did a debate on this issue. I'm not a troll. Why is it people that are supposed to be so liberal and open minded are sooooo quick to be haters on anyone that has a different opinion???

Same sex couples being able to marry is them being treated equally. And you are more than entitled to your opinion, but calling people "haters" for disagreeing with it isn't going to make you many friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I've never been on here ever. I swear to God. This is the first time I've been on here. I didn't realize how old the post was. I just joined like 2 days ago and was just reading. I don't have anything against gay people. I believe they should be threatens equally and have plenty of gay friends. I just believe marriage is between a man and woman. I support gay people having a civil union. I just don't think the law should make a church have to perform a gay marriage if that church does t agree. I think gay people should be able to adopt and do whatever they want. I just think it should be called a civil union. My opinion. And this thread caught my attention bc I'm on the school debate team and we just did a debate on this issue. I'm not a troll. Why is it people that are supposed to be so liberal and open minded are sooooo quick to be haters on anyone that has a different opinion???

Me thinks you are very young and don't fully understand the issues that are brought up when it comes to the states recognizing gay marriages.

threatens === treated / spell check sucks.
For reference you are able to edit your post, we only ask that you add a little disclaimer, such as 'Edited for spelling' or 'edited to add' saying why you edited.

**This is obviously cat country**

Thanks cheer dad.....I just figured that out. Sorry!!! I just deleted all of the posts. I do want to be clear the threatens part really was supposed to be treated. Spell check is sooooo annoying sometimes. Thanks.

I must have missed the part where churches are forced to perform marriage ceremonies for gay couples...

Marriage in a courthouse/garden/anywhere outside of a church with a marriage license obtained from the county clerk = a legal marriage.

Marriage in a church = legal marriage ONLY if a marriage license is obtained from the county clerk.

If a church does not want to perform marriage ceremonies for gay couples, it is well within its right not to. But any marriage ceremonies performed in a church do not result in a legal marriage without a marriage license.

And because religion does not get to dictate United States legal code, religion also does not get to decide what is and isn't a legal marriage in the eyes of the law.

I have always suggested that those who feel gay marriage violates their religion should consider forgoing a marriage certificate and only having a religious ceremony when they get married. Doing so would really send a message to the US government that they do not accept that gay marriage should be treated the same as straight marriage.

ETA: I should really learn to re-read a thread before hitting post if I have taken a long time to reply to it.

The Bible also says not to wear clothing made of 2 types of material. Looks like a lot of cheerleaders are sinners.

Oh my.
I've always known mesh was evil...

And trolls are free to have their opinion. I'm sure he/she is just trying to start a fire...

And by the way, I dislike the term 'hater' because it is dismissive. As soon as you write someone off as a 'hater', you have made the decision to not learn from them, whether you feel that their opinion is right or wrong.

Last edited:
I've always known mesh was evil...

And trolls are free to have their opinion. I'm sure he/she is just trying to start a fire...

And by the way, I dislike the term 'hater' because it is dismissive. As soon as you write someone off as a 'hater', you have made the decision to not learn from them, whether you feel that their opinion is right or wrong.

You're a mesh hater. Yes, I said it. Mesh hater.

So I'm a close minded liberal hater because I think gay people should have the same rights as me? Okay then...

*learning something new daily*

Back