All-Star Finals Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

flcheermom

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
I was reading thru the worlds package/information and it states that 50% of teams from prelims will advance to finals. It also states that the top ten places will be awarded in the Senior Divisions....so since large Sr has about 13 teams in their division, does that mean that only 6-7 will make it to finals, or will they take 10 (way more than 50%), so that ten places can recieve awards? Thanks! :innocent:

From what I have read in other threads, I think AT LEAST 50% will advance to finals. So maybe in that division they will allow more than 50% to finals so they can award top 10? I'm not completely sure, but I do remember reading that more than 50% can advance to finals.

Generally, it's at least 50% and usually the cutoff would be at a scoring break. I'll see if I can find out about the unlimited coed.

kjstepone said:
I know Unlimited Coed only had 9 last year..

Thanks. Then, I'm not going to worry about finding out. I didn't remember this.

Generally, it's at least 50% and usually the cutoff would be at a scoring break. I'll see if I can find out about the unlimited coed.

ACEDAD, this frustrates me. Not that I don't believe you, but prior to world's last year Legacy believed there would be 12 large allgirl teams advancing to finals, due to the slot numbers available on the general schedule for day 2. When they only took 10 total after Saturday, they were devastated because they were placed 11th, directly after 10th. So ok, maybe the natural break was after 10th and there was a gap between them and 10th? NO-not only were they upset because they would have been included in the original 12 they thought would be taken, but then they saw how close they were to the 10th place team and that the natural break was after 12th place. The breaks were after 1-4, 5-7, and 8-12. I didn't understand how the 11th and 12th place teams didn't make it and I still don't. I'm just hoping there won't be problems like that again this year.

yes, it was devastating to the 11th and 12th place teams that they changed it to only 10. Not sure why that happened, because the team that was in 12th most likely would have done much better the second day. So hope that is not the case this year, could not take another disappointing decision like that. Would be nice if they took the top ten to finals so they could all go down on the mat for awards.

ultimatelegacy said:
ACEDAD, this frustrates me. Not that I don't believe you, but prior to world's last year Legacy believed there would be 12 large allgirl teams advancing to finals, due to the slot numbers available on the general schedule for day 2. When they only took 10 total after Saturday, they were devastated because they were placed 11th, directly after 10th. So ok, maybe the natural break was after 10th and there was a gap between them and 10th? NO-not only were they upset because they would have been included in the original 12 they thought would be taken, but then they saw how close they were to the 10th place team and that the natural break was after 12th place. The breaks were after 1-4, 5-7, and 8-12. I didn't understand how the 11th and 12th place teams didn't make it and I still don't. I'm just hoping there won't be problems like that again this year.

I remember this, it was shocking when Legacy didn't make it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It shows how many teams they take to finals in each division on the Finals Schedule. (=

That is not how many that will go to finals. Those are estimates to establish a rough schedule. If exactly those numbers of teams go to finals, it is a coincidence.

Back