High School First Football Game Help!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 17, 2013
So next Friday is our first football game and I'm really excited to cheer but my family is supposed to be leaving the state for Labor Day weekend it visit my family and they're planning on leaving that Friday after school. Meaning I would miss the first game. I'm really torn between going to the game and visiting my aunt. I feel like everyone will be mad at me if I miss our very first game if the season but my mom is wanting me to go and is upset I'm missing because of cheer. I don't know what to do and I'm torn either way. Can someone please help me I'm stuck between visiting my aunt and cheer the first game of the season.

Which did you have on your calendar first? I'd go with whichever commitment was planned out first.

I know with my team I give them the schedule at least a month in advance so they can plan for games. If they miss a game for something other than being sick or a family emergency they lose points towards their letter. They start with 20 points at the beginning of the year and must end up with at least half of them by the end of the year. Not to mention if they miss a game for something other than the stated reasons above they must sit out the first half of the next game.

We have a game Labor Day weekend as well- I'd say if you've recently been informed of the game choose family trip. If team was told about this game months in advance, I would try to make the game. Leaving after the game or even at half time could be good compromise since you still have the long weekend ahead for vacation!

Our high school has their first football game the Friday of Labor Day weekend also. This game was on the schedule since the parent meeting back in February. If any cheerleader misses a game, they get demerits if it is for anything other than a contagious illness or for a school activity that results in a grade. I don't remember how many demerits they get for missing a game, but if they accumulate 20 demerits they are kicked off the squad. That just happened to one of the cheerleaders yesterday. Too many demerits for tardiness, not wearing the right practice clothes and missing practices. And the season hasn't even started!

So next Friday is our first football game and I'm really excited to cheer but my family is supposed to be leaving the state for Labor Day weekend it visit my family and they're planning on leaving that Friday after school. Meaning I would miss the first game. I'm really torn between going to the game and visiting my aunt. I feel like everyone will be mad at me if I miss our very first game if the season but my mom is wanting me to go and is upset I'm missing because of cheer. I don't know what to do and I'm torn either way. Can someone please help me I'm stuck between visiting my aunt and cheer the first game of the season.
What did you decide?

Back