First Time At Jamfest Super Nationals

Discussion in 'JAMFEST / The MAJORS' started by Cheerhastakenovermylife, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Cheerhastakenovermylife

Cheerhastakenovermylife I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    This is the first time our gym will be competing at Super Nationals. I've seen the schedule it looks like the biggest comp we've ever attended besides Summit. Any tips or tricks I should know about? Do they still do the silly games like they do at other Jamfest comps (parents dancing, handstand/jump offs, etc.)?

2. dat.jpp

dat.jpp I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    This is my first year going to this comp too. I'm excited cause I've always wanted to go to a JamFest competition! Would like to know the details of this competition too.

3. SteelCheerCE

SteelCheerCE Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    This will be our 3 year going to Jamfest. It is one of my favorite. No they don’t do the games like at other competitions but it’s because of how fast they try to get all the teams through. Make sure you take advantage of the walkway system they have that goes between some of the hotels, the convention center, and the mall. It really comes in handy and keeps you out of the weather.

4. Charolais

Charolais I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Did you see the competition schedule or the block schedule?

5. Ann

Ann I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Desperately need a ticket to The Majors! Please let me know if you have any!!

6. JM Cheer Dad

JM Cheer Dad Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It's a well run competition. No Jammy in site and no Daddy Dance Offs (thank you). It will be pretty hectic and crazy in the hallways due to the number of athletes. There is a mall connected to the convention center and they have a pretty decent food court. If you are staying downtown, try and make reservations for dinner. Finally, relax and have fun. Lots of awesome teams and talent from around the country.

7. FamUsM0m

FamUsM0m I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    wear comfortable shoes lol

8. FamUsM0m

FamUsM0m I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    also download the app "Team App" for iphone and android. It has lots of helpful links on it. When you download it, don't search for your gym or team, search "jamfest cheer super nationals" and add yourself to the group. You will then have access to the mobile comp schedule, map of the venue, etc.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List