All-Star First Time Doing All Star Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 8, 2013
This is my fist time doing all star cheer I did a allstar prep team last year and we went to a comp and did our routine but we didn't actually compete. Im on Junior 2 this year and im scared for the comps! Help!!:confused::help::rays:

Don't be scared! Comps are the best part of the whole season! When you are waiting to go on its probably one of the most nerve wracking times, that and waiting to see how you placed but once that music starts its like your a whole other person. Your body goes on auto pilot and you don't feel afraid. It's amazing. So you shouldn't be afraid!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

After the first 10 seconds or so, it goes from stomach-churning nervousness to having the time of your life. You've done one comp before so you probably remember the feeling. Prepare yourself for bright lights, loud music and a lot of fans, but don't be afraid of it, use that adrenaline and make each performance better than the last one! The team you're on will be a lot bigger commitment than your prep team was. You might have to sacrifice going to some parties, concerts, family gatherings, etc., and try to work vacations around practice so that your team will be successful. Even after 10 years of cheer I really don't mind...I'd rather be at practice than doing anything else most of the time! I was on a j2 for three years and honestly they were some of the best and most fun years of cheering I ever had. Good luck!!

The best thing about a team sport is you aren't all alone out there on the floor. There are 20 or more other people out there with you. Once the adrenaline kicks in you'll be fine. My performances used to be so adrenaline based I'd walk off the floor and not even be able to tell you what happened. Competitions are really fun so just relax and have a good time

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

If you're nervous before a competition, TAKE A DEEP BREATH! Don't do it any different than a perfect full out practice. Do it the exact same! You'll find a strong connection with the crowd and your teammates!

If you're nervous before a competition, TAKE A DEEP BREATH! Don't do it any different than a perfect full out practice. Do it the exact same! You'll find a strong connection with the crowd and your teammates!

I agree with this! My first all star competition I got so so nervous i felt like i couldn't breathe and I thought i would mess up!
Also, If it seems that you do mess up at a competition (it happens to EVERYONE. I forgot where i was going :p ), just keep going and make everything after that 100x better! Competitions are the BEST thing ever!!

Just pick ONE judge to make eye contact with through out the routine, this way you'll only be focused on that one person instead of the crowd of people.& to be honest after a while it will become second nature to you & you wont even care how many people are watching.

Just pick ONE judge to make eye contact with through out the routine, this way you'll only be focused on that one person instead of the crowd of people.& to be honest after a while it will become second nature to you & you wont even care how many people are watching.

that's such a good idea thanks ;)

Back