First Time Summit Trip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

WECheermama

Cheer Parent
Apr 3, 2018
This is our first time heading to the summit? Any advice for this cheer mama??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is our first time heading to the summit? Any advice for this cheer mama??

Oh me too!!

Our first time too! Both my girls are competing and I am anxious about it!

Ask away, this is our 5th summit... Let's start with the basics:

Plan for waiting in line for a while to pick up your Disney Passes/Lanyards.
Take a picture of the back of your passes immediately after you pick them up in case you lose them.
Download the MyDisneyExperience App, it is through this you can load your passes in order have them attached to your wristbands. Also you will need this to then make fastpass+ reservations(which I recommend doing as soon as you get your passes)
You can go online or through APP right now and dining reservations if you wish.
Plan on long lines and it being very hot.
If you want to buy your Cheerleader Summit wear, do it as soon as you've picked up your passes and they run out very quickly.
Help your Cheerleader understand that is very difficult to get to the Summit, it is actually more difficult than getting a world's bid, there is only one team that will win but do your best and enjoy yourself.

Hope this helps!

Take a picture of the back of your passes immediately after you pick them up in case you lose them.
Download the MyDisneyExperience App, it is through this you can load your passes in order have them attached to your wristbands. Also you will need this to then make fastpass+ reservations(which I recommend doing as soon as you get your passes)
If you want to buy your Cheerleader Summit wear, do it as soon as you've picked up your passes and they run out very quickly.
Help your Cheerleader understand that is very difficult to get to the Summit, it is actually more difficult than getting a world's bid, there is only one team that will win but do your best and enjoy yourself.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! Should I be buying the wristbands? Wasn’t sure if it would be easier to have them or not worry about them. We will be getting there Wednesday bright and early so I hope the waits won’t be too bad to pick up our stuff at that point [emoji4]

Thank you so much! Should I be buying the wristbands? Wasn’t sure if it would be easier to have them or not worry about them. We will be getting there Wednesday bright and early so I hope the waits won’t be too bad to pick up our stuff at that point [emoji4]

Are you staying at a Disney hotel? If so, the magic bands are included. If not, then you can buy one, but they really aren't necessary unless you want one. The card you get works the same. Nothing is actually "on" the band or the card, they both just link to your account.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much!!! We are very excited! Looks like we will be competing all three days LOL

Are you staying at a Disney hotel? If so, the magic bands are included. If not, then you can buy one, but they really aren't necessary unless you want one. The card you get works the same. Nothing is actually "on" the band or the card, they both just link to your account.

No we are staying off site as a gym. I didn’t think so but ya never know. Thank you

Latest posts

Back