High School First Year Coach, No Clue What To Wear To Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 18, 2013
My first competition as a coach with my squad is coming up soon and I have no clue what to wear. Help?!? We're a small private school and the competition is two days (so I'll need two outfits), outside in Hawaii.

My first competition as a coach with my squad is coming up soon and I have no clue what to wear. Help?!? We're a small private school and the competition is two days (so I'll need two outfits), outside in Hawaii.
when in doubt a pair of jeans with comfortable shoes a polo T and sweat jacket matching your team. Can't go wrong. If it is a more formal competition switch the team sweat jacket for a simple black jacket and find a scarf with team colors.....good luck!

My co coach and I always wear our team tshirt or warm up jackets. If we will be at the comp all day long, we usually wear yoga pants, otherwise we wear jeans. For special comps such as sectionals or conference, we dress up.

Competition is on the 29th and 30th. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous but I'm confidant in the girls. This will be the first competition for all of them and my first as a coach so fingers crossed our first time jitters don't effect us.

Just keep in mind you can never over dress. I would rather see a coach in dress pants and a button up than one in yoga pants and a tshirt, but I think your best bet would be jeans and a nice button up in your team's color. Good luck!

Back