All-Star Flexibility

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 23, 2010
Are the flyers the most flexible ones on your team? Is some one a flyer just because they are flexible? Do you have bases more flexible than flyers? How important is flexibility to your team and coaches? Let me know whatcha think :)

The most flexible one on my team is the girl I'm basing with! My coach always tells the flyers to stretch at home, so at least some of them have gotten really flexible now!
In the youth team I'm coaching it's the backspots that are the most flexible! Kind of funny. But since they are so tall, they couldn't fly. But when we choosed our last flyer, we chose one that's really flexible. If she hasn't been flexi, we would never have chosen her.

I have better splits than some of the flyers on my team! But I'm super tall hahaha
Flying is not all about flexibility though. I would much rather see a box scale that looks controlled and a nice clean single down than the most jacked up bow that's ready to fall over but goes into a double down of death.

I was more flexible than everyone on my team and I was a base/back.

I am easily the most flexible on my team and I fly:) even though I'm super tall haha (I'm just shy of 5foot6). But I also have good body contral and I've been flying since I started cheer (when I was 5foot) so my technique is still good!

i am one of the tallest people on my team but i also stretch every day and try to be as flexible as possible and i think the only reason i get to stay in the air is because of my flexibility. I also am determined to try any stunt my coach has me try :)

the flyers on my team are the most flexible for the most part, were also in the air because were smaller with the best body control. but i stretch every day to stay flexible so i stay in the air :)

Most of the flyers on my team are the most flexible ones., but there are some bases/back spots who have great flexibility too!

the flyers on my team are the most flexible for the most part, were also in the air because were smaller with the best body control. but i stretch every day to stay flexible so i stay in the air :)

ME TOO!

I'm hands down the most flexible one on my team... not to be cocky!! But the other flyers on my team for the most part have awful flexibility. The coaches always tell them to stretch but they don't, and you can tell. I just think teams look so much better when the flyers have great flexibility and pretty body positions!
Note to all flyers: STRETCH. No matter how flexible you already are!

My cp is very flexible and she flies on her J4 team but not her youth team. She bases. She stretches every night without being told. She wants to continue to fly so she works hard! We have on girl who can pull her heel stretch behind her head!!! She flies as well!

Back