Flexibility ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They can if they haven't continued to follow their stretching routine. 3X a week for 30 minutes will increase flexibility (with the right routine). And once a week will maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can if they haven't continued to follow their stretching routine. 3X a week for 30 minutes will increase flexibility (with the right routine). And once a week will maintain.

this is actually super helpful. do you think 3x is the "magic number"? as an example, I've been trying to stretch everyday.. I know it's different for everyone but would you consider 5-7x a week over stretching/doing more harm than good?

this is actually super helpful. do you think 3x is the "magic number"? as an example, I've been trying to stretch everyday.. I know it's different for everyone but would you consider 5-7x a week over stretching/doing more harm than good?
3X a week of a good 30 minute stretch session will yield results (we borrowed this strategy from Top Gun and it works great).

I do think 5-7X a week may be overkill but that may be what someone who is really tight needs to do to get results. It's all about what's best for each individual!

What stretching do you recommend?

We have a very long list of stretches but our go to staples are these:
1. Splits with an elevated surface under one or both legs (depending on the athlete the level can be higher or lower)
2. Partner stretches where the stretcher helps to hold the stretches stable and applies gently increasing pressure to their leg/arm/back etc.
3. Wall sits where the athlete lies on their back with the legs sticking straight up on the wall (their bottom is pressed against the wall). And they let their straddle fall open. The weight of their legs is usually enough to make this effective but super flexible flyers find that ankle weights do help increase the tension.

It's important to increase the stretches intensity in increments.

And after each and every stretch they should curl up and reverse that stretch to re-align their joints and muscles.

We have a very long list of stretches but our go to staples are these:
1. Splits with an elevated surface under one or both legs (depending on the athlete the level can be higher or lower)
2. Partner stretches where the stretcher helps to hold the stretches stable and applies gently increasing pressure to their leg/arm/back etc.
3. Wall sits where the athlete lies on their back with the legs sticking straight up on the wall (their bottom is pressed against the wall). And they let their straddle fall open. The weight of their legs is usually enough to make this effective but super flexible flyers find that ankle weights do help increase the tension.

It's important to increase the stretches intensity in increments.

And after each and every stretch they should curl up and reverse that stretch to re-align their joints and muscles.

I had muscle spasms and back pain from growing a few inches and didn't stretch my back for a scorpion often. Now that I'm better and can stretch again I'm trying to get my straight leg back any specific tips or great back stretches? My scale is fine it's just the scorpion that's having issues.

I had muscle spasms and back pain from growing a few inches and didn't stretch my back for a scorpion often. Now that I'm better and can stretch again I'm trying to get my straight leg back any specific tips or great back stretches? My scale is fine it's just the scorpion that's having issues.
That sounds like a shoulder flex issue. If you have a pic post it and I can see for sure. Focus on stretching your upper back.
Get in a back bend close to a wall. Straighten your legs and push back and see if you can keep your arms straight and press your chest against the wall while you're in your back bend. This will help test and improve your shoulder flexibility.

Back