All-Star Flocheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I have a feeling a lot of people have already been angry about this but I did a search and wasn't able to come up with much. I paid to be able to see all of the videos of the 2017 cheerleading worlds.....but I'm met with soundless videos. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
A former competitive cheerleader that hasn't been on this board in years

I have a feeling a lot of people have already been angry about this but I did a search and wasn't able to come up with much. I paid to be able to see all of the videos of the 2017 cheerleading worlds.....but I'm met with soundless videos. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
A former competitive cheerleader that hasn't been on this board in years
Due to the new music licensing issue this season, VOD will no longer have sound to avoid copyright infringement.

So i follow Winterguard closely too, and they had the same problem with music licensing, so they just uploaded every video on youtube under their wgi website account from FloMarching and the music is still there, why can't cheer do the same thing?

So i follow Winterguard closely too, and they had the same problem with music licensing, so they just uploaded every video on youtube under their wgi website account from FloMarching and the music is still there, why can't cheer do the same thing?
I did Winterguard in high school, and we used the full songs. There wasn't any mixing or anything, which is what I've understood the big issue to be with cheer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I did Winterguard in high school, and we used the full songs. There wasn't any mixing or anything, which is what I've understood the big issue to be with cheer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah Winterguard uses the full song but, my team for example, would always add voice overs or mix things into it or teams would sometimes add multiple songs to one mix.

Is there an e mail to reach out and complain to varsitytv / flocheer? I have the paid year account and can't access specific team videos. It starts on the one I search for then quickly forwards to CA Royal Cats video every time. So, I can't see the videos I search for. Considering the money I spent, I am very frustrated.

Last edited:
Someone at our gym figured out that they had to aim their phone and record the computer screen during the live stream. Like taking a video of a video. I'm sure it was a PITA, but it got the job done and now they have sound with their video.

The music thing is for sure annoying, but the thing i HATED the most during both Worlds and Summit was that I could only watch videos from 2 hours previous. And, since I live in Washington State it made for some extra early morning to see teams. Not only that, but they don't keep the end of the day videos up for two hours. After the last performance, the whole stream for that venue closes. I missed seeing Shooting Stars and about had a meltdown! I messaged them and was freaking out and they were able to give me a link, but if I hadn't been on top of it I never would have gotten to see their final(and winning-YAY) performance! I feel like a LOT can and should be done to better the viewing experience overall.

Back