Flooring Options For High School Program?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 20, 2018
Hi all!

I'm currently in the middle of my 2nd year, 4th season as head coach at our district. Prior to taking over the program, there was little to no structure to the program, and no set goals or idea of where the program was headed. As of now, we have CLEAR set goals for the future, and one item that I need to start figuring out, get the ball rolling with my AD is how we are going to handle the issue we have with appropriate flooring.

We have extremely limited storage space and limited practice space as of now. We get the HS gym 2-3 times per month, so we are usually set up in our cafetorium. We are on the hunt for a great transportable flooring to lay out and put away each practice day. We're finally getting into basic stunting, some more advanced tumbling, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations on flooring options, mats, etc?

Carpet bonded flexi-rolls are great. Check out Victory Athletics as a retailer option. If you compete, you'll want at least 6 mats (if you compete on 8) or 7 (if you compete on 9). If you don't compete, 4 is usually sufficient. Be sure to purchase velcro rolls to secure them together.

Thinking outside of the box sometimes helps as well. I coached a competitive middle school team that only had 2 mats at their own school, but the local high school let us borrow their mats after their season was over. We also used to rent space from an All Star gym two or three times before we competed to practice on a spring floor.

Back