All-Star For Competitions, Girls With Belly Button Piercings.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 20, 2012
I've heard that some girls put in retainers, but are you really allowed?
I just got mine done, and I think a couple girls have theirs done on my team but they've had theirs done for a while so it's safe to take it out. Mine just got done today, and Comps start in a couple months. Any advice?!

By the time comp season is here, you should be ok if you take it out completely right before warm-ups, then put it back in right after you leave the floor. A girl on my cp's team last year put those little things in her face piercings last season, but not her body piercings.

I've heard that some girls put in retainers, but are you really allowed?
I just got mine done, and I think a couple girls have theirs done on my team but they've had theirs done for a while so it's safe to take it out. Mine just got done today, and Comps start in a couple months. Any advice?!

Take it out unless you want to risk having it ripped out from stunting. The retainers are not a safe solution. I won't even let my athletes practice with that stuff in.

A girl on my friend's cp's team hers pierced DURING competition season (yes, during) and thought because they wore full tops that it would be fine just to cover it up with a large band-aid. Needless to say, during a competition, the full top rode up, the judges saw, and they were given huge deductions because of it. My reaction when I heard this story? Smh and blamed the mom.

I have mine done and it's just easier for everyone to take it completely out. From the time you go into warm ups to the time you come off the floor is what, 15 or 20 minutes? Not a huge deal to take it out. Especially since something can still get caught on the retainers and pull them out of your skin and that would not be fun.

alright, thank y'all so much, I just figured it would be better to get it when practices were scattered for healing reasons and such.

My CP had hers done right after Worlds, but will have to take out for Comps. She is a flyer, and the possibility of it getting caught even with retainers or band-aids on is just not a risk she is willing to take. And the risk of getting a deduction is not something she wants to face either.

last season i bought a clear one that i wore at competitons. it was very small so it wasnt noticable. if you can take it out then i suggest doing so, but if you have to have something in it still, i suggest the clear ones. i found mine at hot topic.

Back