College Forced To Forfeit Nca Title

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't feel bad for them because cheating is cheating and they knew what they were doing was wrong. At first I felt bad for the athletes that followed the rules, but they still participated knowing there were ineligible athletes on the team. It makes the coach look horrible and if I worked for a university or a gym I would think twice about hiring him.

I agree with the comment though that he should have to pay back the university if they did in fact pay for the team to fly to Daytona.

Its weird because hes a pretty big name out here in socal, he is very well known. But I completely agree with the title being revoked.

Yeah I think NCA interviewed him for on of their segments in varsitytv and when I first heard about this the first thing I thought was "well looks like varsity may be regretting that interview."

Did this same thing not happen to Witchta State years ago (maybe have been someone else) you would have thought people would have learned that when you cheat 9 times out of 10 you will get caught.

It is really unfortunate that the coaches poor decisions had to negatively impact the team members who worked so hard and earned that title. I can't even imagine the emotional roller coaster they must be going through right now.

This really angers me; I'm pretty sure the only team that I was for was in that division; and if they didn't have who ever or whatever they did they may not have placed as good as they did! Thus, giving my team a chance! Not saying we would have won but still I'm pretty angered by this!

It's horrible and there is no excuse, whats worse is that Eric is involved with Many allstar teams ,Many high schools , EPs and judges, you name it he does it all. So I hope when someone says that coaches, EPs can cheat people don't automatically think it's unfounded. Do we think this is the firt time this has happened? I think people are getting bolder because nothing happens to cheaters. This time the right side won, I don't feel bad for them, I feel bad for the kids that competed against them. I do not have a soft spot for cheaters, so many teams struggle and yet they do the right thing. My only wish is that NCA would've caught it not the school because in other situations people don't turn themselves in.

It's horrible and there is no excuse, whats worse is that Eric is involved with Many allstar teams ,Many high schools , EPs and judges, you name it he does it all. So I hope when someone says that coaches, EPs can cheat people don't automatically think it's unfounded. Do we think this is the firt time this has happened? I think people are getting bolder because nothing happens to cheaters. This time the right side won, I don't feel bad for them, I feel bad for the kids that competed against them. I do not have a soft spot for cheaters, so many teams struggle and yet they do the right thing. My only wish is that NCA would've caught it not the school because in other situations people don't turn themselves in.

Yeah hes such a big name in the cheer world, at least on the west coast. The coming season should be interesting.

Plenty of teams do it. college and all star. they just happened to get caught. he still created a first place routine and is one of the most creative, talented coaches in the state and perhaps the country. there is no need to strip him of that recognition. the thing that sucks is that he wasn't given any pull in the school to recruit or help with new athletes acceptance into the school. and its not like those kids never went to the school. they finished like the semester before or something. this was definitely blown out of proportion, but who better to make a big deal out of something than cheerleaders.

Plenty of teams do it. college and all star. they just happened to get caught. he still created a first place routine and is one of the most creative, talented coaches in the state and perhaps the country. there is no need to strip him of that recognition. the thing that sucks is that he wasn't given any pull in the school to recruit or help with new athletes acceptance into the school. and its not like those kids never went to the school. they finished like the semester before or something. this was definitely blown out of proportion, but who better to make a big deal out of something than cheerleaders.

Someone losing their job and a team having to forfeit a big national title is a very big deal. If he wouldn't have been such a big name in the cheer world things may not be so big. Everyone lies and cheats but if the president does it then its another story....

Someone losing their job and a team having to forfeit a big national title is a very big deal. If he wouldn't have been such a big name in the cheer world things may not be so big. Everyone lies and cheats but if the president does it then its another story....

hence why i said this was blown out of proportion.

Back