From Flyer To Base?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 7, 2013
I WAS bitter about being switched to base. Now I'm fine. Edited the entire post because I didn't like how I portrayed myself.

Last edited:
Base. Really, you need to do what's best for the team. Use those facials during the dance. If you're in cheer for the attention only, you won't last long.
I didn't mean that I'm only in it for the attention alone, I was just saying that that's a part of it that I like. I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I learn a new stunt I didn't think I can do. I genuinely like to fly.

This is going to sound rude as heck but here it goes.

Either suck it up and be willing to be a part of the team no matter what position or realize you are only in it for being a focal point and leave cheer to do a solo sport such as individual dance, singles tennis...

Sorry :(
That was the plan since I like being on the team and I don't like to quit. I guess I should've phrased it differently but I'm not just in it for the attention it's just a bonus that makes me feel awesome. I like being in the air

I didn't mean that I'm only in it for the attention alone, I was just saying that that's a part of it that I like. I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I learn a new stunt I didn't think I can do. I genuinely like to fly.

Cheer is a team sport. Have a positive attitude & embrace basing or look for a different sport.

In that case learn to base and become a stronger all around cheerleader and team player. Will also increase your chances of cheering in college if that is a goal.

Is there anything I can do to make basing more enjoyable? The fact that I literally have someone elses life in my hands is super scary.
Also, I was told that I'm "too heavy" for the new bases. I'm 5'2 and 117lbs, mostly muscle.

Being mostly muscle will help you be a great base. Your strength will be an asset to your stunt group!

I would try to focus on the positives. You are a College cheerleader!!! That is beyond awesome! Most girls only get to dream of cheering in College!

Back