From Flyer To Base?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well said, I have a 15 year old daughter who spent 6 months of the past year in treatment for anorexia/ bulimia.
@darlingsmomx4.....my prayers are with your daughter and also family. I don't know if I can stress enough the importance of education on this subject. I sat in a hospital for a long time, I seen 2 very young girls pass away. I have done irreversible damage to my heart, which they monitor and also will probably end up with a pacemaker one day!
I hope your daughter is doing ok. Therapy was a huge help to me. Unfortunately the sad part is that the insurance companies generally only allot a certain number of visits per year. I believe that mine covered 20 or 30. This is many years ago though and I hope things have changed. Just remember that this is a lifelong battle! I compare it to being an alcoholic because it can be triggered later. I still catch myself sometimes falling into old patterns. I learned thru yrs of therapy that you need to recognize them and stop right away. Some things have hindered things to do with my 3 girls as in activities. The one thing some people don't understand is that its a "control/mind game" we play with ourselves. If I can ever offer advice please don't hesitate to dm me. I realize that this is very hard for the family also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my coach has recently been thinking of switching me to a flyer and since you were a flyer and a base I was wondering which ones easier???

my coach has recently been thinking of switching me to a flyer and since you were a flyer and a base I was wondering which ones easier???

I don't think either one is "easier." I think basing can be easier to learn quickly because you have two other people to compensate for your weaknesses. As a flyer, no one else can fix your ugly. It depends on what level you'd be flying. Do I think that learning to fly level 1 or 2 would be really challenging? Probably not quite as challenging as trying to learn level 3+ stunts. Once you're extended on one leg, there's no one helping you stay up there but yourself.

That being said, I managed to learn college level stunts in about a year, and I'm by no means an exceptional cheerleader. It can be done, but it's hard work and sometimes frustrating.

I don't think either one is "easier." I think basing can be easier to learn quickly because you have two other people to compensate for your weaknesses. As a flyer, no one else can fix your ugly. It depends on what level you'd be flying. Do I think that learning to fly level 1 or 2 would be really challenging? Probably not quite as challenging as trying to learn level 3+ stunts. Once you're extended on one leg, there's no one helping you stay up there but yourself.

That being said, I managed to learn college level stunts in about a year, and I'm by no means an exceptional cheerleader. It can be done, but it's hard work and sometimes frustrating.

thank you! I'm a high school cheerleader but this is my first year cheering and I'm a gymnast. but my team has level 4 flying skills so like switch ups and full ups and stuff like that. I guess I'll just try it out and see how it goes :)

Back