High School Frustrated

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 29, 2015
I have cheer tryouts in April and I'm barely improving [emoji21] I can't stretch past a certain point before it starts hurting and I feel like I'm not going to be ready in time for tryouts[emoji29] they say you shouldn't push yourself past your limit but this is really frustrating. Any tips? I can't go down at all in a pike stretch without pain, some days I can touch my forehead down to my knee in a herkie stretch on my left leg but some days I can't even do that, and never on my right leg[emoji19] and I'm nowhere near the ground in a split. I feel like giving up seriously, I guess I'm not meant to be flexible or a cheerleader. I've been at it for 2 months[emoji37] Sorry for my rant[emoji85]

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

It seems like a lot of your threads are similar. Keep at it. You don't instantly get flexible or fit over night

It's going to take a lot more than 2 months to get there, especially if you are a teen just starting. Don't give up, but realize you are going to have to be persistent for a long time to get there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems like a lot of your threads are similar. Keep at it. You don't instantly get flexible or fit over night
I know. I guess I should stop comparing myself to girls at school that have been cheering since they were out of diapers

Are you warming up your muscles before you stretch? Never try to stretch cold muscles.

Run, walk, jump rope, dance, etc… for about 10 minutes before you stretch. Sometimes a yoga strap or a towel can be beneficial.
Do you think one of those Just Dance games on Xbox kinect or Wii or even Wii Fit will help since it's moving my body?

Do you think one of those Just Dance games on Xbox kinect or Wii or even Wii Fit will help since it's moving my body?

Yes, you need to get your heart rate up a little and get the blood flowing whatever part you are planning on stretching.

And when you stretch, don't forget to breathe! Long breathes help relaxing the muscle.

Back