All-Star Full Drills

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Hi Everyone - Looking for some suggestions in drills that you use for fulls and double fulls. Thanx!

1. Have the athlete do a back handspring and block off their shoulders to land on their belly.
2. Have the athlete block off their shoulders and twist a half turn so that they land on their back instead of their belly.
3. Once they get that good, have them block off their shoulders to spin all the way around and land back on their belly.

It's kinda hard to explain -- but this is how I was taught to full.

1. Have the athlete do a back handspring and block off their shoulders to land on their belly.
2. Have the athlete block off their shoulders and twist a half turn so that they land on their back instead of their belly.
3. Once they get that good, have them block off their shoulders to spin all the way around and land back on their belly.

thats how i was taught too, i was taught off of a tumble trak and a coach was there to help me to make sure i didn't land on my face.

This is how I learned mine as a gymnast as well. Instead of blocking from a BHS, we put a 4in mat on the trampoline and I did them up there. The best part about it is that it teaches you to do it without a spot, so you don't rely on a coach to be there (mental). The nice thing about the trampoline is that you can work it to stomach, then knees, then stand it up on your feet.

if you still need some ideas, go to the Love's website, fortheloveoftumbling.com i found a lot of good drills and conditioning for tons of skills

Great for form/conditioning:

Lay on your back on the ground with arms above your head grabbing someone's ankles. Lift up through your toes, getting your hips up as fast as possible until you are only on your shoulders with a hollow body upward (squeeze your tummy!). Assistant might need to help stabilize. Push through your hips, full extend upward and twist at the top. Then resist on the way back down (4 counts) which is the conditioning part.

This feeling is what the layout-full should feel like. Hips up, hollow body, hit the top and spin.

Back