Full On Trampoline?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Unfortunately, I think tumbling might be just one of those things you cannot successful teach yourself! I think most of us are concerned for your safety, you could really, really, really hurt yourself when you're not aware of what to do with your body and how to do it! A great coach can talk you through the skill and be there to catch you when it goes wrong ... you can't do that for yourself! Please be safe!
I very much agree about tumbling being "one of those things you cannot successful teach yourself" But i don't know of a coach anywhere even near my home that could teach such a skill.
My trampoline is probably the safest place i could learn this. I try to be safe! Only once have i hurt myself (doing a forward superman roll :p )! But thank you for caring about my safety and i will be try to be as safe as can be!! :)

Try making sure that you see the tramp before you twist (still keeping your head in). If that doesnt help, just try doing layouts and tucks spotting for something for as long as you can before flipping, this can help with your set. But dont get too frustrated! Good Luck!

Try making sure that you see the tramp before you twist (still keeping your head in). If that doesnt help, just try doing layouts and tucks spotting for something for as long as you can before flipping, this can help with your set. But dont get too frustrated! Good Luck!
I gave you your first shimmy! :shimmy:

Thanks for the advice! I'm finally landing 3/4 twists easily.
Do you have any tips on keeping my legs straight and twisting? I keep twisting like a standing full (bent, tucked) and its ugly and a bad habit.

I gave you your first shimmy! :shimmy:

Thanks for the advice! I'm finally landing 3/4 twists easily.
Do you have any tips on keeping my legs straight and twisting? I keep twisting like a standing full (bent, tucked) and its ugly and a bad habit.
Just try doing layouts and halfs and 3/4s with completly straight legs, once you have that mastered you can move onto fulls. Make sure you are hard on yourself by making corrections. Maybe try video taping yourself again.

Back