All-Star Full Paid Bid Or At Large?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Competeing twice in a day might seem like it really sucks but how many times at practice do you go full out more than once? They also have sometimes an hour plus between performances depending on how many teams there are. I am glad that they are having a pre-lim for the at large teams and then semi-finals.

I do agree with Rich though that teams in the International divisions with paid bids should not have to go through US Trials. I think it is the IOC5 division where there are 4 or 5 paid bids. If there are 5 paid bids then a team that just has an at large can knock them out at the Trial round and then that is a paid bid gone to waste.

As for the original question I can understand gyms that only go on paid bids because of the economy but also because it shows that your coach expects the best out of their athletes. I also wonder what gyms do that get an at large bid with like a month left until worlds, have they been saving the entire year for this or do they have to pull that money out of thin air to pay for it? If you get an at large and have the money to dish out in order to go then more power to ya.

i know it happens frequently, and I was on an IOC 5 team last year that had to compete twice, and the timing of our performances were so extreme. we had to be there at like 7 am, and our second performance wasn't until like 8 pm or something...and a lot of the other kids had been to worlds before, so they were okay with leaving and not watching to rest and what not, but it was the first year i had been there. i wasn't going to leave for anything. it was pretty draining. and yes, it is doable, and we do full outs in practice a lot, but at the same time, a lot of people will tell you that the one time you do a full out in competition, you give a heck of a lot more energy than you do in a full out in practice.

if you have a paid bid in small senior you probably will move on regardless on how you perform js. i know of a team that dropped 3 stunts and had a pyramid mess up and STILL made finals....and guess what they had a paid bid.

often times it could be because they maxed out tumbling and execution or something else...my daughter was on a team from a different gym last year....got a full paid bid....got next to last....so NO....full paid gurantees you nothing....js

Back