All-Star Fundraising

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

tricial4

Cheer Parent
Feb 6, 2013
Looking for successful fundraising ideas that you have done with your cheerleaders. Have you done a few throughout the year- what times? Who organizes your fundraisers. Any and all ideas on successful fundraising welcome!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If you are looking for next year, look up Sherwood forest farms. They are a great holiday wreath company. We have used them for the past 5 years and their product is great and you set the prices. You can also choose from 2 delivery time frames.

We have a mom at the gym who organizes our fundraisers. They do frozen pizzas, cheesecakes, cookie dough, holiday wreaths, wrapping paper, Yankee Candle. Maybe even a few more that I don't remember. I personally am not a fan of the "mom and dad sell this stuff" fundraisers. I don't work outside the home, and DH does not work in an office, and I don't want to sell overpriced stuff to my family. While they are not my thing, a lot of people at the gym do them. They are spread throughout the year.

Our biggest fundraiser is a Beef & Beer. Growing up in central PA, I'd never heard of this, but they are huge in Philly and the burbs. Basically you rent a hall, get a couple of kegs, have roast beef sandwiches and sides catered, and get a DJ. Sell tickets for $25 per person. Then, you also solicit local businesses for prizes. Maybe a salon will donate a cut and color, mani pedi, etc. sometimes a travel agent will do a weekend getaway, people donate tickets to a sporting event, etc. Try to get a range of things. Also have each team put together a prize basket with a theme. Then at the event, you sell chances for the prizes. So many tickets for $10, and then people put their tickets in a bag next to the prize they want to win. There is usually a 50/50 too. It's a fun way to get to know some of the other parents, and the tickets are an easy sell--lots of people don't mind spending $50/couple for an adult night out with friends.

Some things we don't do but could add are restaurant nights or shopping events. I know Chilis does the restaurant night thing where a portion of the nights sales are donated to the organization. I think Applebee's might offer the program too. The store FiveBelow has a similar program. You could check around with local places to see what they offer.

Thanks for the ideas- please keep then coming? Has your gym done successful fundraisers to help pay for large travel expenses like Worlds, Summit, NCA?

Thanks for the ideas- please keep then coming? Has your gym done successful fundraisers to help pay for large travel expenses like Worlds, Summit, NCA?

For quick cash raffles usually work well... sports tickets, show tickets, I pads, Mac books etc. We will tell parents you either have to sell (set amount) of tickets or pay your contribution. The money is taken from the proceeds to pay for whatever is offered.
this way if the parent doesn't want to sell them, they can stroke a check.

Gotta love google ads. Came back to this thread and there's an ad on the right for custom team car magnets, sell at 100% markup. Good idea if it's OK with the gym. It would be a way that lower level team parents could support your Worlds team.

Has anyone ever done team specific fundraisers to help the better, more seasoned teams get to the larger comp that perhaps your whole gym didnt do? Can you give me ideas of profit made off some of your fundraisers?

Gotta love google ads. Came back to this thread and there's an ad on the right for custom team car magnets, sell at 100% markup. Good idea if it's OK with the gym. It would be a way that lower level team parents could support your Worlds team.

The google ads thing is kind of creepy isn't it? I've looked into something and then had an ad for it for the next six monthes pop up every time I log on to any place.

If you use the search bar and look up fundraising ideas, a lot of previous posts on the subject come up. There are some great ideas. Good luck!

The google ads thing is kind of creepy isn't it? I've looked into something and then had an ad for it for the next six monthes pop up every time I log on to any place.

It is. I was searching soccer shoes for my son 4 weeks ago and now i have them everywhere. Google, Facebook, Fierceboard. Social media marketing at it's best :-/

Fundraisers we did:
Selling bakery at local sports tournaments (parents made cookies, cakes etc.)
Collecting prizes and the girls had to buy chances and sell them.

Worked really good :)

My favorite fundraiser thus far is SCRIP. If you've never heard of it, check it out! Basically, you buy gift cards (they have cards for everything - WalMart, grocery stores, gas, Disney, etc) but you get a percentage back on your gift card purchase. Each store has a different rebate amount, and they have specials a lot for double rebates. I buy all my gas and grocery gift cards through them and use them through out the week so I am essentially making money on purchases that I would need to make regardless of if I have a giftcard or not. I also use it to buy gifts for Christmas and Birthdays. It is the easiest one for me because I am not a fan of selling.

Scrip Gift Cards Online

Also, the gym we are going to fundraises by doing concessions and ushering at concerts and sporting events in the area. This is another great opportunity because you get paid hourly, up to $14 an hour in some cases. I like this option because, again, no selling :)

Has anyone ever done team specific fundraisers to help the better, more seasoned teams get to the larger comp that perhaps your whole gym didnt do? Can you give me ideas of profit made off some of your fundraisers?

I coach a high school team and each year we do a clinic for the girls in our community. We charge $30 a girl and had 130 girls come last year. Each girl gets a tshirt and we provide them with dinner. It's a 2 hour clinic, dinner and then they cheered at the first quarter of the football game with us. We made about $3000 in less than 4 hours.
I'm thinking for an all star team, more specifically a worlds team, that team could host a clinic. If you think of all the younger girls in the gym that look up to them, what a fun experience to get to stunt with the 'worlds' team, learn an 8 count or 2 of their dance, get jump pointers etc. Of course, you could open it up to the community too and friends of members of teams you have and then you are advertising for tryouts the next year too.

Back