All-Star Funny things your coaches say!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

a girl landed on this other girls face and the coach said ' aww are u ok, u were basically like a human crash mat!'
the team burst out laughing

One of my coaches likes to refer to our routine as a prom dress. "Whenever you have a sloppy motion or if you aren't performing to the front, that is like a ketchcup stain on your prom dress. Do you want to wear a stained dress to your prom? Then be clean and perform!" He says alot of stuff like that, but I can't remember exactly what he says.

One of my old coaches would tell us, "Does your uniforms say Hot Mess All-Stars on the front? No. So, go and do another full out that doesn't make you look like Hot Mess."

Oh, and my team refers to eachother as "Front row Franny, Middle row Madison, and Back row Betty."

haha well this weekend our high school cheer coach and I were walking down the hall and I say "you look cute Brenda!" She says "Thanks Syd, you do too haha" (we were in our uniforms) I said "Thanks! it's kinda weird because Katie is wearing the same thing! And so is Audrey!" And she says "Oh that sucks. it's kinda like wearing the same dress the prom"

When our choreographer came he told 2 girls on my sister's team that they were supposed to face with their backs to the audience and stare at the wall for like half of the routine and they believed him.

the coach i coach with makes analogies for everything... and half the time they don't make sense.

one good one she had though was when a bunch of girls were missing... she said this routine looks like swiss cheese... holes everywhere!

there are too many to quote...here is one that had me on the floor...
38 kids on the floor so the team is over by 2 they one CP was acting like they did'nt want to be there and the coach yell at the CP you are #36 but you can be #37 or #38...LOL

From a visiting choreographer who comes every year:

"Honey, you got so much better this year... you getting to move to the front of the routine is as big a deal as someone winning on the biggest loser"

" YOU NEED TO BE CUTE!If you want to look like a hot mess, go join the library club, I am sure they will take you!"

"If you dragged yourself across the mat with you legs behind you, vomiting the entire time, you would look less noticable!" (To a girl who had no idea where she was going in the routine)

"Can you please try NOT to look like beached whales when you do that?!"

"Honey, I placed you in the center... do me a favor? Don't suck."

Just a few!

This is not necessarily what the coach says, but what she does. It's kind of personal, but so funny.

My older daughter was a beautiful tumbler, she has tons of power and a mental block (her name isn't suzie). She got grounded from her cell phone because of something she did. She is on the Sr. 3 team. She has her round off tuck back, but it's sketchy, and she might have something back at practice, but freak at competition and not throw it. Her coach told her, I'll get your cell phone back if you throw your round off tuck in competition. I'm not sure when, but sometimes her coach will look at her and pretend she's talking on a cell phone, kind of like a throw your stuff signal.

I just think it's hilarious.

My daughter threw her round off tuck in competition yesterday so she has her phone back now.

Bad bad bad mom, I didn't see it.....

i cant remember exactly what he says so i cant write anything but our choreographer/ co-coach~(last year UA dynasty) Wes Haley is halarious!!!

A old coach would say things like " IF YOU DONT KEEP YOU SKINNY BUTT UP IN THE AIR I AM GOING TO BEAT YOU WITH MY SHOE"... He loved throwing shoes at people LOL

frank used to always yell for stunts when they did good and then if they go again and fall he'd say "praise a dog and it s**** on your floor"

haha so true.

When some kids are doing great we refure to them as the varsity squad, when the are slacking they are the JV squad and when the should just quit while their ahead they are the freshman squad.

Our choreographer gave us this one when he shouted "ok so right now the front row of the dance is on varsity the back row is on jv and you (insert name here) barely made the freshman team" haha

When Kevin from TG used to coach my popwarner girls he over heard a flyer talking about how hungry she was and turned to her and said "honey your a flyer. flyers only eat tick tacs and water" haha he was very funny. My coach has classic one liners. Her most recent one was "wake up and smell the cheermat ladies"

Back