All-Star Ga Vs. Rays - Again

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah I agree with the first aspect of what you're saying :) But he deserves a little respect.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Errrr sorry. Can't agree there. Basic Business 101 in Jr high says you cannot "get respect" until you "show respect" and I am afraid there is a long, loooong history chronicled on these boards and elsewhere that he sort of missed that class.
Being good at what you do is one thing but being a lousy, bitter businessperson with an axe to grind and a public twitter is something else entirely. I see your point but its much deeper than that by his own hand.

I understand that I'm sure he produces some great stuff...but if I was a parent and I knew that this GROWN MAN was talking to teenagers like this on twitter, where it's generally not monitored, I would be embarrassed to be apart of that program. People get fired for this kind of stuff everyday, I don't understand why he thinks that would ever be a good idea? Most coaches/program owners have things in their contracts about social media and representing the gym in a positive light, and he's out there doing this kind of stuff like it's no big deal.

AND THE FACT THAT HE LITERALLY HAS TO SEARCH FOR THIS STUFF IS INSANE. Either he's following every member of Rays on Twitter..or he's going into the search bar and looking for it. It's not like someone replied to him or something, he's looking for confrontation for literally no reason. Maybe to get people talking about him, but maybe he might want to think about people talking about his gym in a positive way instead of "Wow, how trashy."

2pybccj.jpg

Bye.

I feel bad for the athletes of GA.... I feel like Jamie almost gives his athletes a bad name. I will acknowledge his passion for the sport, but he goes about it all wrong. If you are a gym owner, you need to hold yourself to a higher standard; negatively tweeting/contacting athletes (let alone athlete from other gyms) is probably one of the least classy things he could do. STOP THE INSANITYYY *RuPaul Voice*

I understand the d-bag he's been lately, but Jamie has more than earned the respect, for his work, that he is given.

I understand, but I think the point is it is easy to earn someone's respect, but it is almost easier to lose their respect, and then to regain said respect is the hardest thing in the world to do. Jamie, as an adult, should have the maturity not to let his emotions get the best of him and retweet young athletes..retweeting adults...meh..whatever, but kids..no...that is bad form. Put yourself in his shoes...you own a gym, your coach tweets stuff like this out? NOT. GOOD. PUBLICITY... now it's him doing it?

As a parent, if my child were a member of Jamie's gym, I would be concerned with his doing before thinking maneuvers. Sometimes people do say things that annoy us, but as adults we know to step away from the computer, think a little and come back....

I understand the d-bag he's been lately, but Jamie has more than earned the respect, for his work, that he is given.
Very true. Unfortunately this type of garbage instantly negates any respect he may have had due to his work. Like I've been telling my school kids all week: what you type on the internet has real life consequences. Think before you post because once it's out there, it's there forever.

How can you expect, as a coach or gym owner, that your atlethes act classy and show good sportmanship - if you're not the role model they need?
Everytime i post something on facebook or twitter i think: This will show on my girls and their parents timeline.
Changed my posting behaviour - not totally, but i'm more carefull because i can't expect what i'm not doing myself.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I feel bad for the athletes of GA.... I feel like Jamie almost gives his athletes a bad name. I will acknowledge his passion for the sport, but he goes about it all wrong. If you are a gym owner, you need to hold yourself to a higher standard; negatively tweeting/contacting athletes (let alone athlete from other gyms) is probably one of the least classy things he could do. STOP THE INSANITYYY *RuPaul Voice*

The parents don't help either. Long before I ever read any of the garbage Jamie spews, I stayed in the same hotel with GA at a comp. Those parents (not all, but way more than I would have expected) were the rudest people I've ever been around. I actually watched one mom come from behind and shove my CP as my CP was reaching for the last bagel at the breakfast buffet. The mom then grabbed the bagel and sneered at CP. That capped off the weekend from hell in the hotel with them.

Back